Custom Leather Suit? One-X usa . . .

Scorpion-Ninja

Hi, I'm looking into getting a custom leather suit soon!
Came across this brand of custom suit.

Has anyone bought and used this brand before?

Curious to hear what you think if you have one of these suits from One X!

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
I bought and returned an of the rack suit from them. Having done the same with 3 other A* suits is wasn't hugely impressed. I have a weird body size so I haven't found a great fit yet in off the rack sizing in any brand yet.

That said I am considering mythos custom suit because you can get them A*air vest comparable, for not that much student in price than other custom suits.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Haven't heard of them. Other options to consider are Spidi, Heroic, Vanson, Dainese, Pilot. Others may chime in with other options they've found.

Tekk220

Control Rider
Look into plus racing gear custom suits. They have Instagram and Facebook. Airbag compatible. Fully customizable (colors and protection) , kangaroo or cow. Great quality.

Scorpion-Ninja

I bought and returned an of the rack suit from them. Having done the same with 3 other A* suits is wasn't hugely impressed. I have a weird body size so I haven't found a great fit yet in off the rack sizing in any brand yet.

That said I am considering mythos custom suit because you can get them A*air vest comparable, for not that much student in price than other custom suits.
Yea man, I'm like you. Ive tried on several suits from different brands too, but nothing fits me for shit. I never wanted to spend big money on a custom suit but clearly I now see that I have too!
I just bought a RST suit from STG for $400. Torso kinda fits, but limbs are like 4" too long of extra material! So its time for a custom suit.
Ive looked on several websites so far, others are expensive. Vanson, Comet, Lusso, Dainese customs, etc. $2000 or $3000!

A friend and STT coach told me about One-X suits! I even saw a guy with one on here at Grattan this summer, but never talked to them about it. One-X fits my budget. Buy a Custom Suit, get Free pair of their gloves. $1299, but use code Daytona and get $300 off! So 1000 fits my budget but just wondering for anyones actual experience with them. Figured I would expand my data search about One-X on this forum also!

Last edited:

Tekk220

Control Rider
Cool suit, ill have to check them out. What kind of feedback can ya give me on your suit, that company, etc?
First... I’m not affiliated with them, not paid, never been asked to promote for them. I love the suit. Top notch build and quality. I believe i took over 30 measurements from ankle diameter to wrist. I made a few small mistakes that they caught and I guess didn’t make sense to them. I have wrong dimensions and i guess with their experience they knew something was off. The customer service is great. The suit just feels great while riding. I message them on Facebook via hozzane Schudery.

wheelz96

I have a custom Onex kangaroo suit and have no complaints. The build quality is as good as my Dainese but albeit, there is less padding. The fit is like a glove and of course I love my colors and patches. It took just over 8 weeks to receive it after measurements were turned in. I had one issue with a patch and Daniel from OneX quickly made sure my concerns were fixed immediately and without costing me anything more. Great customer service and awesome looking suit!

Menotomy

World's Okayest Racer
Control Rider
I have Gimoto custom kangaroo leathers. I've crash tested it twice and it has held up well. They also have an airbag vest option that's either tetherless or tethered, your choice. It can also be repacked yourself, it doesn't need to be shipped somewhere. Full disclosure, I have a racer discount with them.

I have a brand new custom One X suit that fits great. Just take your time and have someone help you measure. I have not done any track days this year due to unusual circumstances. It fits and feels great. I got kangaroo. Hope to use it at NCM in October and Barber in November.

Scorpion-Ninja

I have a brand new custom One X suit that fits great. Just take your time and have someone help you measure. I have not done any track days this year due to unusual circumstances. It fits and feels great. I got kangaroo. Hope to use it at NCM in October and Barber in November.
How is the collar fitment? I have a thick neck. Back of neck/collar area, lots of stretch fabric? Cut out of the collar oversized enuff?

How is the collar fitment? I have a thick neck. Back of neck/collar area, lots of stretch fabric? Cut out of the collar oversized enuff?
I have a thick crotch area due to large appendage. What does your tailor do when you get measured for your dress shirts, sport coats and pants? It is the same process. They allow for comfort with the measurements. It is like wearing a size 12 dress shirt when you really need size 22.

wheelz96

The collar is stretchy neoprene type material and its also used around the cuffs at your wrist. It's very comfortable and better then my Dainese when comparing comfort. It's a custom suit, it will fit as well as you measure.

With that said, they do give you step by step measuring instructions with a photo to show you exactly where and how to measure. You wont be dissapointed!