D-Zum's crash at RA

PJZOCC624

Brother, my heart sank when I got a text that you had crashed. To say I'm relieved that you're ok is an understatement. Any of you who know Darrin knows what a class act he is. Those of you who haven't met him is missing out on a unique NESBA experience! :D

Maybe we shouldn't have met up for beers in Baltimore??? Maybe my crashitis is contagious??? :dunno:

Heal up Big D.

PJZOCC624

And to AJ and Bo ....

:adore:

THANK YOU for taking care of the big guy. Glad that he was in good hands! Next time I see you boys, beers are on me.

:cheers::cheers:

kyle m

If your going to crash the least you can do is walk away with no broken bones...Like a BOSS

Meat

Darrin, you big ball of muscle! So glad you weren't injured. That must have been one scary crash to go through. Heal up so I can continue doing my evil deeds everyone will think it was you (with a big beer belly).

D. Leslie

I need to buy one of those big muscles suits like Big Darrin has. :)

Im glad your OK Big D. get back to the track soon ,, OK.

meanstrk

Control Rider
I have on video where you see the yellow, and me and three other guys pit in before the red is shown.

We knew. There was not sense in prolonging anything. We are ALL just glad you are ok.....

Blipstein

I passed this incident right after it happened. There was still no red flag by the time I got to 10a and we all knew we needed to get off of the track. The vibe in the paddock is always eerie when someone goes down in a spot like that. Glad you're doing we'll brotha

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
Still thinking about this and thankful your injuries were relatively minor. It was hard to believe but a huge relief to see you walk out of the hospital within hours of this.

Also wanted to say a HUGE thanks to the folks that helped me pack Dzum, AJ, and Bo's stuff up so they could get on the road sooner rather than later after they go Darrin checked out. Hope to see you guys out there again sometime so I can get you a beer! :cheers:

betarace

Dzum's cat scan released. Behold!
vyre7e7e.jpg

No thread that features dzum is complete without photochops.

Get well amigo, and answer your phone !!

Ex. 39

Darrin, i dont know you personally, but have seen you post here and on the WERA board for years. Glad you're "ok". That is one NASTY place to come off. I watched Aman's vid, and i'm glad you were able to come here and post wtf happened, cus i must have watched it 10 times before coming to this thread asking myself that exact question, i simply could not see a "reason" for why you went off the track there. Target fixation is a bitch, dude! LoL!!!

Again, glad you were able to walk away just battered and bruised. I'm 52, and everytime i go thru there with the bike topped out in 6th gear WFO, something always pops into the back of my head saying "you do NOT want to crash here, Todd!!!!" My old frail ass would NOT be as lucky as you were!

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Thanks for the kind words everyone again.

I also want to thank the entire A group there that day for recognizing immediately the situation and collectively deciding to clear the track for my safety. I am extremely grateful.

Steve, thanks for releasing my CAT scan image. :D Good Friends, like you, keep me grounded.

I'm actually doing pretty well. I thought about going to work Monday..but decided not to since I had already scheduled it as a day off. I lounged around the house and took some naps off and on..watched my daily episode of "The Sopranos" on HBO at 8pm (I usually catch the late showing at 11pm while I pedal my bicycle on my stationary trainer), then I passed out from 9pm to 1am....woke up and had a snack. Passed back out until about 7:30am and went to work today. I've had a little bit of a headache off and on, but two Tylenol's seem to do the job and make it go away quite nicely.

I cannot thank you all enough for your kind words and support...and I cannot say that enough.

betarace

Got off the phone with DZUM last night and he seems in good spirits, he says that his every need is being met during his recovery. He texted me this picture of his situation.

oup1li.jpg

GET WELL AMIGO!