Dax crash at Sonoma

bmart

Control Rider
I've never heard of this guy. Does this seem like a recipe for what not to do to others at a track day, or is it just me?

Fox Article

Dax Shepard suffered from multiple broken bones after he collided with other vehicles during a recent motorcycle ride on a race track and will need to undergo surgery.

The actor discussed the accident on Monday’s episode of his “Armchair Expert” podcast.

"I was passing six guys on Sonoma Raceway on a motorcycle and I was braking very, very hard — hard enough that the back wheel was off the ground for a good 100 yards," Shepard, 45, recalled.

He continued: "I was totally to blame. I thought I would be able to slide in between, but someone turned in and I was already under full brake and I couldn't go anywhere."

The “Parenthood” actor revealed he “went over the handlebars” after he nicked the bumper of another vehicle and “landed pretty hard.”

Shepard called the motorcycle accident a “little demoralizing” because it was his first time at that race track.

The “Without a Paddle” actor said he was “thoroughly yelled at” by the track employees but he was “too injured to object.”

Despite the motorcycle collision, Shepard went back on the racetrack for “two sessions” after icing his shoulder and hand.

He revealed the injuries became “too painful by the end” so he cut the ride short. The actor waited until the next day before seeking medical attention.

Shepard was at the hospital for seven hours and found out he had broken a significant amount of bones. "The final tally was four broken ribs, the clavicle's broken in three places, and I need surgery,” he said on the podcast.

The actor also injured one of the four fingers he had broken in May while off-roading with a friend. He joked the new injury was “good news” considering the rest of his broken bones.

mdhokie

At least he owned up to it being his mistake...and showed some dedication trying to get back on the horse for the next couple sessions. Not sure how he didn't know he'd broke all those bones though...I would think they would hurt distinctly enough to know something was wrong.

Oh, and my wife knows who he is...he's married to Kristen Bell.

bmart

Control Rider
That's what I was thinking. The story from where I sit is:
Went to a new track, rode like it wasn't a new track. Couldn't handle my own equipment and drive into another rider.

Perhaps he should try my riding at 70%. lol