Dominion Racway

JakeSizzle

That charger video made my ass pucker up real bad. Too little room for error, especially at high speeds. They took no consideration to bikes when building this facility which is really sad. The layout looks like it could be hella fun!

Mike:p

Don’t be a Hero, be consistent.
Holy crap! Was it deliberate? I mean did they make that track non-motorcycle friendly on purpose? I was hoping to ride it one day but not now even if they opened it up to bikes.

KCLARK

Any updates with Dominion? So far from what im seeing posted here the track looks fun, risky, and unsafe.
And Team Pro Mo and Evolve GT must not give a damn cuz they have scheduled trackdays. I guess all the cornerworkers are full time EMT's to help them pull it off!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Loo
Any updates with Dominion? So far from what im seeing posted here the track looks fun, risky, and unsafe.
And Team Pro Mo and Evolve GT must not give a damn cuz they have scheduled trackdays. I guess all the cornerworkers are full time EMT's to help them pull it off!

Look again. Dominion is not on the current Evolve GT schedule. I can't speak for ProMo.

I am not going there. Not taking the car there either.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
I just looked. I see why you're confused. If you really look close, it says "N2 Partnered" - meaning they participate, but N2 runs it. N2 has already killed dominion for this year. So, it's not on their schedule. That is a mistake where Evolve has not removed all the entries.

To make it easier to understand - when you look at the Evolve schedule, if it says N2 partnered for a date, then Evolve members can register for that event - which is being run by N2. If it does not say N2 partnered, then Evolve is running the event. Correspondingly, if you look at the N2 schedule, the opposite is true. Examples of this are the NYST events, run by Evolve.

So, no - Dominion is NOT on the Evolve schedule for 2016. Somebody ought to let Evolve know they need to clean up their schedule.

tunzi

TPM has already cancelled 3 weekends at Dominion this year due to safety issues with the track. They still have days listed in their schedule, but I'm pretty sure they did the same thing last year before the track was even paved yet. I was looking forward to some fresh asphalt in my neck of the woods but it looks like we have to wait for next year.

jcurtis

Control Rider
N2
Bill is correct. We will not be running at Dominion this year, nor will Evolve. They removed the events from their calendar but missed one. Thanks for the heads-up, KCLARK! Should be fixed now.

Although the final coat of the road course may be down, there is a lot to be done before the facility is finished. They did manage to place concrete barriers around several turns and after viewing the placement of the barriers and the proximity to the track, there is very little room for error. We hope a workable solution can be developed for these areas and will continue our efforts to work with their team. I know a lot of members were looking forward to turning a wheel on this track, but in our view it's not an option at this time.

rhill

16s :(
24-30s :( even if the barriers are removed :( because of the giant drop seemingly 2 feet off track
those walls at 1 min :( think Macau has less barriers
1:20-1:28 :(