Ducati 999 track tires

JBowen33

I have an 06 ducati 999 that I run track and street duty with. Currently I have Dunlop tires on it. Any suggestions on a good track day tire that I can still use on the street?

Thanks
Joe

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Dunlop Q2 (or the new Q3 if available). Pirelli Diablo Rosso Corsa. Really, any of the hypersport street tires will work well for double-duty. I run Pirelli, so I'm partial to them!

ADVRacer

I don't know about riding sport bikes on the street, I've never done that. I can say however, I ran Q2s for my first 25+ track days and never lost confidence in them. I only switched because they were wearing out pretty quick as the speeds increased.

avizpls

#11-A
20 days running Bridgestone 003RS on my ducati. Never had problems.

Q2 or 3 is a good option as well.

JBowen33

Thanks everyone for your input. I actually have q2s on the bike now. It's such a hard decision. I am big on reviews and with every tire there are just as much likes and dislike reviews, and price is a big party's well. it's hard to choose.

avizpls

#11-A
Well, you havent heard anyone suggest Shinko, Metzler, Continental, Duro, or King. Stick with the names that keep coming up (Dunlop, Michellin, Pirelli, and Bridgestone) and you're doing fine.

PJZOCC624

Michelin Power ONE 2CT - I had them on track and on the street on my '04 999. Did NJMP T'bolt, Summit - Jeffereson, Summit Main last season, then got me 2 P1 trophies at Summit Main back in April on them :D :D

I love my Michelins!