Dunlop 211GPA's vs the Dunlop US slicks

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
From what I can read/tell, they are made out of the same rubber. I currently run the 211GPA's so I can run the WERA super stock class. However, I still do a fair amount of track days. Do the slicks last longer (Given the same track/bike/rider)? Am I going to save any money by running slicks at trackdays (If they last longer)?

I've been following the KISS principle so far, and sticking to just the 211s. Should I give the US slicks a shot?

denbsteph

Slicks?, meaning US N-TEC'S? I guess it all depends on your riding style, gearing especially (IMHO) etc, etc, etc. My gearing, -1 +2. I have become accustomed to the drive out of the corners, that pulling, but I ride in a higher gear than say ADVRacer. Where he uses 3rd coming into T7 at North, I'll be in 4th. He uses 2nd at T11 NCBIKE, I use 3rd. He has shredded the RIGHT side of the SOFT rear US N-TEC, pass the wear bar in TWO TD's. He is a UPPER PACK "I" rider. He thrives off the drive and head shake, he is kinda strange...LOL. Anyway, I have two days on mine and have very different results all though we have the same gearing. I too consider myself an upper "I" rider as well (opinions will differ widely here HA ) My tires have very even wear Front and Rear. ADVRacer is running SOFT compound for both tires, I'm running MEDIUM front, SOFT rear. That is reflective to my style of riding. I guess you have to buy a set and try em out. You will not regret it, they are a great tire whether you doing the TD thing or WERA, IMHO.

Oh ya........... When I win the lottery I'll buy all the NESBA SE Members a set just for GP. If I'm not mistaken, I think you asked me Where your set was at in another thread. It was a thread I started on the US N-TECS clearing a stock 07 R6S Fender.