Dunlop Q3...anyone experience them yet?

I need a new set of street tires to get my bike through inspection. Anyone have experience with the Dunlop Q3 ? They seem to be pretty reasonably priced. I have my track only tires mounted to spare rims, just need something to hit the street when the mood strikes

I'm traditionally a Michelin guy but wanted to venture into new waters. I know people rave about the Ntecs for the track, which I'll be going to when the Michelins give up, but I want to have a cheaper street set mounted up, for when the urge strikes. Any info is GREATLY appreciated, thanks

moman

Run the Q3 on my track bike in :a: and on my street bike. Absolutely love them! I have one of my Pirelli tire track friends hooked and soon another will be trying them. Like you said, price is great for what you get.

no personal experience, but I talked to Opie Caylor at barber last weekend.
he was doing .38's and said the tires were working beautifully. he estimated low .30's would be doable.
he said they come in quickly and wear really evenly. (wear is no doubt due to his suspension setup.)

Thanks for the quick feedback guys. It's nice to know that they'll handle the track at a decent pace, although I never even considered that aspect of the tire. Comforting to know that I can pull the fuses, tape up, and go do a track day if I'm lazy or get get caught out on time to convert.

I'm sure OC's bike is totally dialed, and skateboard wheels would wear awesome :D:D:D

I'm sold. Looks like I'll be pulling the trigger on these

Dunlop Fan

Getting a couple of sets in shortly. Been a huge Q2 fan for a while (track & street). Just went to the NTEC 211 190/55 medium for track and love it too. Been seeing and hearing good things about the Q3's, and since they stayed at the same price as the Q2's I'm already loving them as well.

BTW - just bought a set of the Bridgestone R10's and going to run them at Road Atlanta with STT on Aug. 17 & 18. Never ran Bridgestone before but decided to try these out and see what they can do.

HJ

Ruhe52

Odds are Opie's bike was bone stock and had stock suspension. Which goes to show you just how talented he is and just how good bikes are right out of the crate.

Just got back from 1.5 days at Putnam with STT (rain cut Saturday's sessions short). Changed rear from Dunlop NTEC 211 to the Q3 on Sunday to see what it would do. After scrub-in it was awesome for the 4 sessions I ran it. Couldn't really tell any noticeable difference from the Q2 but worlds difference from the NTEC. Good even wear (and Putnam is known to be a little rough on tires:eek:) and nice and sticky too.

Very pleased with the results, and will post up again when I mount them on my Tuono and get some street time in.

HJ

philthethrill

hurricanejohn;281882 wrote: Just got back from 1.5 days at Putnam with STT (rain cut Saturday's sessions short). Changed rear from Dunlop NTEC 211 to the Q3 on Sunday to see what it would do. After scrub-in it was awesome for the 4 sessions I ran it. Couldn't really tell any noticeable difference from the Q2 but worlds difference from the NTEC. Good even wear (and Putnam is known to be a little rough on tires:eek:) and nice and sticky too.

Very pleased with the results, and will post up again when I mount them on my Tuono and get some street time in.

HJ
So your saying the q3 is better thennthe dunlop 211 race tire?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

philthethrill;281899 wrote: So your saying the q3 is better thennthe dunlop 211 race tire?
Uh, no...... Just saying that I took an NTEC off to try out the Q3 at track and that it (the Q3) performed well. Wasn't comparing the two (can't compare anything to the NTEC as far as I'm concerned) and my comment about world's apart was meant that there is no comparison between the NTEC and the Q3.

Sorry for any confusion.:notsure:

HJ

denbsteph

moman;280276 wrote: Run the Q3 on my track bike in :a: and on my street bike. Absolutely love them! I have one of my Pirelli tire track friends hooked and soon another will be trying them. Like you said, price is great for what you get.

Curious to know what tire you were running prior to the switch?

moman

Been using the Q2 for several years. I can get 1 or 2 more track days out of a Q3 but current pricing for both is the same. Before the Dunlops I was running BT-016.

Got a couple of sessions in at RA this past wet weekend on the Q3's and they did a great job. No slips or issues on a very wet track. Heading to Barber this weekend but running a new weapon there.......

HJ