Engine Ice

Mhaire

Manual states that Engine Ice is prohibited. Is that only in the Advanced Class or all ? Reason I'm asking is i am attending RA this coming weekend as Intermediate and i use Engine Ice , need to know if need to switch or not. Thanks

chrisplm

Chris
Agreed. Water wetter is the way to go. I don't trust that anything else won't be slippery if it finds its way out of the motor and onto the track, or my tires.
Remember, when anyone says "water", they mean distilled water. Never put Tap or Well water in a cooling system. The minerals can clog up your cooling system in no time! Distilled water is cheap and available at grocery stores and pharmacies.

erick1670

Agreed. Water wetter is the way to go. I don't trust that anything else won't be slippery if it finds its way out of the motor and onto the track, or my tires.
Remember, when anyone says "water", they mean distilled water. Never put Tap or Well water in a cooling system. The minerals can clog up your cooling system in no time! Distilled water is cheap and available at grocery stores and pharmacies.
Using distilled water and water wetter… what’s the coldest temperature can be on the bike for transport if transport it’s in the low 30’s to a trackday that ambient temperature maybe at 50-55 degree to avoid freezing the water in the engine?

regards, Erick