EVERYONE!! sign! allow lane splitting in georgia!

lane splitting

I also recently moved from Cali to the SE (bham).
it's SO nice to split lanes in Cali. BUT I must say: CA drivers EXPECT IT. I always felt seen/respected in CA on my bike. Not so anywhere else.
Indeed, while living in ATL, I felt more like a target.

my point: if this bill passes, there will probably be some backlash from cagers that we get to do this and it will take a while til everyone is used to it. it's a great idea and I, for one, deserve to pass EVERY CAR like it's standing still, but a lot of car drivers will HATE US EVEN MORE.

consider me signed up!

Meat

I bought my first motorcycle in LA because of lane splitting. It seems like a no-brainer to cut down on traffic, but no one wants you getting home before them when they are stuck in traffic and you can just ride on by.

I was amazed by the courtesy in LA for motorcycles. They would actually move over a little to give me more room, when they are parked on the 405.

I think the whole country should do this but I think the only way anyone could possibly get this through is to convince the cagers it would benefit them.

Good luck!!! Maybe GA will be the next state to allow lane splitting, and get the rest of the country thinking about it.

bikerj11

yes i agree with you....the only way something can get done about it is if we get signatures! so lets do it people...everyone we get helps!

thanks!

Meat;122895 wrote: I bought my first motorcycle in LA because of lane splitting. It seems like a no-brainer to cut down on traffic, but no one wants you getting home before them when they are stuck in traffic and you can just ride on by.

I was amazed by the courtesy in LA for motorcycles. They would actually move over a little to give me more room, when they are parked on the 405.

I think the whole country should do this but I think the only way anyone could possibly get this through is to convince the cagers it would benefit them.

Good luck!!! Maybe GA will be the next state to allow lane splitting, and get the rest of the country thinking about it.

bikerj11

no u dont have to be a GA voter..... i am not...half of my friends are not...... ias long as u ride a bike u are good to sign....lets get the sigs rollin in!

beac83;122915 wrote: Well, the page says you need to be a registered GA voter to sign.:notsure:

jmavrick101

hmmm is there a road atlanta forum??? i would definitly post this on every sportbike forum i could find . *signing now*

bikerj11

hmmm... im not too sure but ima for sure look into it!...

jmavrick101;123000 wrote: hmmm is there a road atlanta forum??? i would definitly post this on every sportbike forum i could find . *signing now*

jimgl3

are you kidding? there are dudes with no teeth in big pickups that tower over the traffic like deer stands and they are going to be drinking the case of bud they just picked up if traffic backs up and their deer rifle is hanging there in the back window and you're going to pass them? not me!

jay956

what do you plan on doing with this petition? lawmakers arent searching the internet for these things.