Fast Frank Front Axle

Holmes

I could use advise from first hand experience. Are the pinch bolts used with FF front axle? Every video that I have seen, the pinch bolts are installed, but never used when removing or installing the axle. Other than endurance racing, is it worth the money and has it made your tire changes less of a hassle?

Backmarker

Control Rider
Unless you are endurance racing and you're changing a front tire during the race.... it's not worth the money spent.

As for the pinch bolts.. those are left loose but safety wired in place with the FF axle.

To help with tire changes... get a set of captive spacers and also make the rear caliper captive. Otherwise stock axles are fine.

Also a set of quality stands like pitbull helps.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Just to add to what Tim said, you usually have to change calipers to a lower profile to make the quick change front work. My FF front has pinch bolts on the right side that when torqued align with a clip so we don’t have to wire them with a front change. Unless you’re rolling at top 10 expert pace you can do a full race on one front.

Holmes

Thanks! I appreciate the feedback, especially the ability to use one front the entire race. I have been considering joining a buddy for the N2 endurance relays and by no means would I be at an expert pace, but that said I do hate changing tires. lol.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Thanks! I appreciate the feedback, especially the ability to use one front the entire race. I have been considering joining a buddy for the N2 endurance relays and by no means would I be at an expert pace, but that said I do hate changing tires. lol.

I have a full quick change front on my R6 and it's not an endurance bike (...yet?). I just love how much easier it's made changing the front wheel!

If you're ever getting the forks serviced, to me it's a no brainer to get the fender mount stuff installed at the same time, since the suspension guy will already have everything taken apart.

Holmes

I have a full quick change front on my R6 and it's not an endurance bike (...yet?). I just love how much easier it's made changing the front wheel!

If you're ever getting the forks serviced, to me it's a no brainer to get the fender mount stuff installed at the same time, since the suspension guy will already have everything taken apart.

That was my t
I could use advise from first hand experience. Are the pinch bolts used with FF front axle? Every video that I have seen, the pinch bolts are installed, but never used when removing or installing the axle. Other than endurance racing, is it worth the money and has it made your tire changes less of a hassle?

That was my thought. Honestly, changing a tire isn’t all that challenging, but when it is over 90 degrees out and I want to enjoy my lunch, the quicker the better. Thanks for all the comments! I see it in my near future.

mpusch

Micah
Not being able to change my tires between rains and slicks has made me miss a couple races over the years. I've made a few changes, like making my own captive rear caliper, but a quick change front axle is on the list...