Few Questions on Nelson Ledges (July 30)

BGroupRacing

All,

I'm signed up for my first trackday with N2 (Not my first trackday), and I have a few questions about Nelson Ledges.

1. What time does the gate open in the morning?
2. Is power available (easily) or do I need to bring my generator
3. I'm riding in intermediate and would like to have a fair idea of the track before hand, anyone have a link to a video where someone is riding a good line?

Thanks so much, I can't wait to meet and ride with you!
Steve

tdelegram

Control Rider
Power is limited I would recommend a genny, gate should be open by 3 or 4 but you may want to call ahead to confirm. I don't have videos but the track hasn't changed since it opened a long long time ago in a galaxy away

BGroupRacing

Power is limited I would recommend a genny, gate should be open by 3 or 4 but you may want to call ahead to confirm. I don't have videos but the track hasn't changed since it opened a long long time ago in a galaxy away
Thanks,

I called and they said the gate will be open between 6AM and 7AM (I'm going to get there at 6 to make sure I have time to get through reg and tech in time). I have watched some video to get an idea... how likely is it I can get a tow my first lap or two in the first session from a CR to get a feel for the line and find a few reference points?

tdelegram

Control Rider
First 2 laps of the first 2 sessions are under yellow flags with follow the leader behind a coach to see the line

BGroupRacing

Thanks for the reply! I had an awesome time out at Nelson Ledges yesterday. Incase someone else like to watch video before a day, this is a few laps in intermediate. My lines are only fair... but it may give you a good idea of intermediate pace and the tracks flow.

Cheers,
Steve

Chubna

Thanks for the reply! I had an awesome time out at Nelson Ledges yesterday. Incase someone else like to watch video before a day, this is a few laps in intermediate. My lines are only fair... but it may give you a good idea of intermediate pace and the tracks flow.

Cheers,
Steve

Good to meet you Steve (I talked to you a bit before the one session, I was on a blue clapped out 636.)

The photographer popped up on my Facebook, and he posted a few shots from the weekend.

bmart

Control Rider
First 2 laps of the first 2 sessions are under yellow flags with follow the leader behind a coach to see the line

And the corner worker locations... (I won't say who or where, but someone ran the meatball flag three laps at a recent track day)

BGroupRacing

Tightening up your apex at the kink will pay dividends to making up time through there. From earlier this year:

Thank you, awesome video! my lines were so sloppy I wasn't sure I should post. I also found my entry and throttle control through the Carousel to be embarrassingly bad... but as I had a hard time finding much moto video on the track in prep... I wanted to share for others. I'm going to save your video incase I get a chance to make it back out that way sometime.