First Track Day Ever 6/14/13 NJMP!

HarlemThunder

i am a new rider from the nyc area and have been riding for 2 months and now i have an addiction. i purchased my first bike a 2009 white r6 in march with 5k miles and as of today 6/25/13 my odometer is at 8.1k. getting fairly comfortable with the bike i decided to setup my first trackday with nesba at njmp lightning. when i arrived at the track it started to rain, (first time riding in rain), after being helped by the CR and a fellow nesba memeber my bike was taped up and all procedures done to pass tech inspection. After the informative riders meeting we were told we can choose to sit out the first couple of sessions if we wanted to due to the rain. Not letting the rain halt my day i opted to hit the wet and i mean wetttttttt track. After a couple of laps following the CR and following his body position tips and turn in markers i felt comfortable out there. Around the 4th session the sky started to clear up and thus my speed and other B group riders. No one went down in B group, but in A & I group 1 rider each low sided, both in turn 7. After observing the damaged bikes i brought my speed down to average maybe 90-100mph. remember i rode to the track so if i went down i wouldve been one fucked SOB. a couple of guys in b group definetly were getting bumped up to I group pretty soon, i looked like i was friction zoning around the track compared to them. but after deciding to ride my own pace and follow the CR's body position and race line tips i actually enjoyed my track time and made great use of practing my corners and leans on the bike. overall it was a great day and i got back to Manhattan safely and with new skills and 100 percent more confidence in my lean and cornering skills. From my own personal experience i would say when you do decide to attend a track day make sure you dont ride to track so you can have a peace of mind while your out there, and also ride at your own pace!! A big thankyou to nesba and all the guys in the paddock for all the tips and help!!! See you guys on the track soon!!!

GriffinD

I think you'll love it more & get even more out of it once you start towing your bike down to Millville. That ride from the city is brutal & is a good 2 1/2 hours of straight up & down riding.

Have fun. Be safe. Welcome to NESBA.
:cheers: