For Sale - 2006 Triumph Daytona 675 Track Bike - Well Prepped

It saddens me to be posting up my track bike for sale…

I’m a high school principal (former Industrial Arts/Shop teacher) and I’ve started a doctoral program in Educational Administration so I have no free time to attend track days right now and NESBA has suspended track days in the Midwest Region, so all events to ride with my friends would require significant travel.

Here’s a little back-story on how I got to this point…

In 2006 I purchased a brand new Daytona 675 and it pulled Double Duty as a street bike and track bike when I first started doing track days in 2006. I had a complete set of Race Plastics and a Spare Tank complete with fuel pump and keyless fuel cap. I completely swapped everything out each time I would go to a track day. I painted the race plastics and tank myself and all of the Triumph logos are painted on, base and clear coat. The only things that are stickers are the race numbers.

When I started getting serious about it, and getting quite a bit faster, I decided I needed a dedicated track bike, so I went looking specifically for a cosmetically damaged, but mechanically sound and low mileage bike to turn into a dedicated track bike.

I found it in Ohio and brought it home on the coldest day of the year and then began preparing it for track duty. I painted the tank on this new bike to match my track day paint scheme and now have a matching spare. It has 2090 miles on it total, counting the track miles that I’ve put on it.

2006 Triumph Daytona 675 Track Bike

Prepped to meet the requirements of the Advanced Classes of NESBA and Sportbike Track Time.

It has a salvage Ohio Title from cosmetic damage to the street plastics, no frame damage or fork damage. I have not transferred the title over to my name in Indiana yet because it was never going to see street use. It could be declared a rebuilt bike and I could get an Indiana title for a fee, I just never saw the point.

It has had the following things done:

Triumph Factory Race ECM
Triumph Factory Race Wiring Harness
Triumph Speed Triple Throttle Tube - Quicker Action
Triumph Race Idle Adjuster
Triumph Off Road Exhaust
Woodcraft Clipons
Woodcraft Rearsets
Custom SWorks GP Shift Race Shift Linkage
(The same used by Shane Narbonne when he rode a 675 in AMA FX for SWorks Racing)
Woodcraft Race Engine Covers
Yoyodyne Race Fairing Stay
Matris Steering Damper
Pazzo Shorty Adjustable Levers
Ohlins Rear Shock
GP Suspension Fork Internals
Lightech Keyless Fuel Cap
SuperSprox Stock and +2 Rear Sprockets in 520
DID Gold X-Ring 520 Chain
Catalyst Racing Composite Bodywork
Tech Spec Tank Grip Pads
Zero Gravity Double Bubble Windscreen
BMC Air Filter
ExUp Valve Delete
CAT Delete
SAI Delete
Electronic Idle Adjustment Delete
Intake Flapper Valve Delete
Ignition Delete
TuneBoy Software, Cable and Key

The motor internals are completely stock. I had plans for the Triumph Race Kit installation and to get into WERA or CCS racing, but that never materialized.

I also have some other miscellaneous spare parts, including the stock ECM and Stock Wiring Harness, so it could be put back to street legal condition with some work. The bike has never been raced, just used to ride in the advanced classes with NESBA and Sportbike Track Time at track days, and not that many days as you can tell from the total mileage on the bike.

Oil changes and maintenance have all been meticulously performed with full synthetic Triumph Mobil 1 Racing Oil and K&N Oil Filters. The bike has been down once, in the grass, at low speed. I over used a front slick and the bike was pushing badly through turn 9 at Putnam Park Raceway. I stood it up and ran it off track into the grass. When I almost had it stopped, I applied just a bit too much front brake and the front end tucked. Slicks don't have a lot of traction on grass... This fall ripped the throttle side hand grip, which has been replaced with a new set of renthal grips, and broke a couple of mounting tabs on the rear cowl under the seat (easily repaired with fiberglass), but does not affect the performance or stability of the rear cowl as it is because there are two other mounting locations on top of the cowl that hold it in place securely.

Prices are firm

$5500.00 Bike with Spare Tank, Stock ECM and Stock Harness, spare levers and some other miscellaneous parts.

$5000.00 for the Bike without any spares.

I will not sell any of the spares until after the bike sells and the purchaser has first option on the spares.

Here are a few photos. Some do not show the pazzo shorty levers, the 520 conversion kit or the Ohlins rear shock that are now installed.

PICT0041.JPG

PICT0040.JPG

PICT0038.JPG

PICT0037.JPG

PICT0035.JPG

PICT0034.JPG

PICT0033.JPG

PICT0089.jpg

MO092208MA_380-1.jpg

MO092208MA_026.jpg

Contact me via email at:

jeffry [dot] henderson [at] att [dot] net

JTRC51

How have you found the spares/parts market to be for these bikes ? I may have someone interested but I don't see many parts readily available (similar to that of Yamaha/Suzuki) which if you break down or break something you can source it used online or at a local event vs. buying new/dealer etc.

Thanks,

SICK BIKE BTW

Parts are not as easy to source as a GSXR, but I have never had any trouble finding parts that I've needed and the aftermarket parts support for this bike is greater than any other in Triumph's history.

There are specific forums for them where there is ample opportunity for parts procurement.

Suspension was set up for 185 pound rider (without gear) ideally, but can be adjusted to up to about a 195 pound rider or down to about a 175 pound rider with the remote preload on the Ohlins or by adjusting preload on the GP Suspension in the forks.

Speed99

xrated;236702 wrote: Time to lose some weight Rick! :moon:
Bite me Vern. :p. hahaha

I plan to have her sprung for 200. That means I need to drop 32. Very doable and I am pretty motivated. The 675 is a sexy skinny chick and sexy skinny chicks arent into fat dudes. Lol