Forum upgrade

Kegger

Looks like the "i-rating" or whatever it was for transactions is gone (That might be by design though):D

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
Why does it say "[screename] is on a distinguished road" when you hover over the green square under a user's number of posts?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Some of the V-bulletin forum software comes with that rating stuff, it's kinda a rating system for members to rate each other. Based on what I dunno. Not sure it's enabled here, but on some forums you can give other members positive or negative ratings. If someone has a lot of bad ratings, that little square is red. I forget what the message says then, though.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
vinny337;182581 wrote: Did you notice the scale, add to reputations...I'll have to try it out
Ah, there is a place to add rep...didn't see that, thanks Vinny. I'll go give you some "rep"!

RyanITV

Admin
I enabled the rating system because the iTrader system isn't fully supported in the latest version of vBulletin.

I've also upgraded our TapaTalk (sp?) implementation to the latest version.

Gorecki

Things are looking good so far. My 'cookie' must have either expired or was not compatible with the new version because I had to login. Other than that, all looks good.

Thanks for all you do, I know it can be a fairly thankless job. :congrats:

Kegger

Gorecki;182648 wrote: Things are looking good so far. My 'cookie' must have either expired or was not compatible with the new version because I had to login. Other than that, all looks good.

Thanks for all you do, I know it can be a fairly thankless job. :congrats:
Give him some "rep" ;)

RyanITV

Admin
The next big change is a mod to enable Facebook integration for registrations and logins.

The upgrade also put a stop to the spambots - I implemented a new captcha system that's pretty impossible unless you're a real person. That allowed us to stop having to moderate new users (massive PIA) so you should see some new faces a bit quicker around here.

Ryan

PJZOCC624

Ryan- the tab for FORUM is gone on my mobile devices on the NESBA homepage (Thunderbolt and iPad). Any idea why?

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
PJZOCC624;183304 wrote: Actually its gone on any page.
Its not gone. For whatever reason, on mobile devices the forum link words move all the way to the left under "about us."

The letters are white, on a white background so it looks gone. You can barely see it. Just zoom in.

RyanITV

Admin
ninjamansc;183305 wrote: Its not gone. For whatever reason, on mobile devices the forum link words move all the way to the left under "about us."

The letters are white, on a white background so it looks gone. You can barely see it. Just zoom in.
So you guys see the link here on the forum nav?

Gorecki

I see what they're saying. It looks like it's a stylesheet interpretation issue, looks fine on IE but with Safari on my iPhone, the link is wrapped to the left side. The tabs background image is still where it belongs but the rollover image isn't showing because on the phone there is no rollover and in turn the link is on the left somewhat hidden on the white background.

The same thing is happening on the forum nav as well as the homepage nav.

Gorecki

RyanITV;183320 wrote: Looks ok on my iphone now.

No one answered my question about the version of the nav bar here on the forum?

It's fixed on the home page but doesn't appear to be on the forums page. I cleared my cache multiple times.
...see attached.

oh and...
Gorecki;183310 wrote:

The same thing is happening on the forum nav as well as the homepage nav.
:D