Forum upgrade

RyanITV

Admin
Gorecki;183329 wrote: It's fixed on the home page but doesn't appear to be on the forums page. I cleared my cache multiple times.
...see attached.

oh and...
:D
Should be fixed here as well now.

Dutch

Gorecki;183341 wrote: Ditto, you're good chief. So are you ready for a peer review followed by a code review? :D
Like that will matter. Developers testing and reviewing code is like an author writing his own book review. There are no bugs, just "undocumented features." :D

BigBird

PJZOCC624;183336 wrote: Can someone explain what "tapatalk" is and why I benefit from it (briefly and sorry to thread-Jack)
makes it easier to read vb forums on mobile devices. the only thing is that you have to pay for the app. i have seen other sites use something else that is similar and free to users, but its up the people running the site to use it.

XDA, the RX-8 Forums and Honda Fit forums are some that I know of that are easy to use mobile site without the user buying an app.

Gorecki

BigBird;183344 wrote: makes it easier to read vb forums on mobile devices. the only thing is that you have to pay for the app. i have seen other sites use something else that is similar and free to users, but its up the people running the site to use it.

XDA, the RX-8 Forums and Honda Fit forums are some that I know of that are easy to use mobile site without the user buying an app.
There's another one called Forum Runner
that has a free version. I haven't tried the tapatalk so I can't compare. But it works.

Like that will matter. Developers testing and reviewing code is like an author writing his own book review. There are no bugs, just "undocumented features."
Dutch, you can't imagine what I deal with on a day to day basis...well unless you've worked for DoD where in you know EXACTLY what I'm talkin bout! :rolleyes:

Dutch

Gorecki;183349 wrote: Dutch, you can't imagine what I deal with on a day to day basis...well unless you've worked for DoD where in you know EXACTLY what I'm talkin bout! :rolleyes:
Worse. I used to have The District as one of my clients. They ran their portal on our product. Worse then anything else I have seen. And considering Ive also worked as a sub for Microsoft in Harrisburg for the PA Govt for 5 years that's saying something ;)

Gorecki

Dutch;183355 wrote: Harrisburg for the PA Govt for 5 years that's saying something ;)
Yep, I do believe you know EXACTLY what I mean. I'm always amazed on how much can be done so poorly or worse how little is done properly with so many people! :rolleyes:

Dutch

Gorecki;183357 wrote: Yep, I do believe you know EXACTLY what I mean. I'm always amazed on how much can be done so poorly or worse how little is done properly with so many people! :rolleyes:
We did this job onetime replacing an AS400 application with a web based .NET app. The app had been maintained for 15 years with no documentation in the code or anyplace else. I'm sitting in the IT Directors office talking about how we are going to identify existing functions that need to be replicated in the new system. 'That's easy,' he says, 'Alan knows all of them. He keeps them in his head. Now you have to be careful with Alan as he has a hell of a commute every day. You see he lives on Mars.' Boy he wasnt kidding. It was like gathering requirements from Rain Man.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I'm a very good driver...

Judge Wapner..4 o'clock on Fox 5..must watch Judge Wapner

Gotta go to K-Mart and buy new underwear...definitely new underwear

Uh - oh...fart!