FS: 2006 Yamaha R6 race/track bike

DesmoLin

I have a very well sorted 2006 Yamaha R6 race/track bike for sale.

Background
- I am the 3rd owner of this bike. The bike was built by Celtic racing in 07. The original owner had the bike built to be very similar to the bikes ridden by Chaz Davies in the 07 AMA supersport championship. The bike was never titled and therefore only comes with a Manufacturers Certificate of Origin. If you want to, you could have the bike titled, however this bike really is a purpose built track/race weapon and really isn't meant for the street, not to mention it would take a lot of parts to make it streetable. The bike has never been down during my ownership or the previous owners. The original owner was injured soon after buying the bike in one of two low sides. The 2nd owner had the bike measured and confirmed to be straight by GMD Computrack and in the two years that i've tracked this bike, i haven't had a single issue with it. The 2nd owner had GMD set up the "Sweet Numbers" on the bike as well as service and rework the suspension. I haven't touched the suspension since as it is set up perfectly for my weight (180-195lbs) and the tires wear nice and smooth. This bike took me from an intermediate trackday rider to an advanced level trackday rider. My previous track bike was a Ducati 1098, and after riding the R6 for 2 years, i shaved 9 seconds off my lap time at NJMP Thunderbolt.

Mileage: 5207 miles

Motor:
- The bike has a mild supersport built motor (without the thinner head gasket) which is currently custom mapped for pump gas and puts out about 123hp.
- Dynojet Power Commander PCIII USB
- Dynojet Quickshifter (set up for reverse shifting)
- Akrapovic Full Titanium exhaust with Titanium canister
- Spare Akrapovic Titanium canister
- Always used full synthetic 5w/40 Engine Oil

Suspension:
- Forks: Ohlins 25mm cartridge kit w/1.0kg springs
- Shock: Ohlins 3-Way Adjustable Rear Shock
- GPR Steering Damper
- GMD “Sweet Numbers” setup for 185-195lbs rider. The bike is well sorted and wears tires smooth and even.

Bodywork (3 sets):
- 1st Set: Hotbodies full bodywork w/supersport tail - Celtic Racing livery (some rash but useable). Currently installed on bike
- Matching Green tank (w/fuel pump) and matching cowl in perfect condition

- 2nd Set: Sharkskinz full bodywork w/supersport tail - Jeff Wood's 2007 Blue livery (some rash but useable).
- Matching Blue Tank (w/fuel pump) and matching cowl. Tank has some small dents but otherwise in good condition.

- 3rd Set - Sharkskinz bodywork w/supersport tail - painted Charcoal Grey (some rash but useable).
- No matching tank or front fender.

Brakes:

- Stock 2008 R6 Brembo Master Cylinder
- Goodridge Stainless steel braided brake lines
- Vesrah RJL brake pads

Miscellaneous Goodies:

- Vortex Clip-ons
- Vortex black adjustable rearsets
- Vortex frame sliders
- Woodcraft Stator Cover (LH) - some rash but useable
- Woodcraft Crank Cover (RH)
- Adrenaline City Racing Gas Tank Sliders
- 520 Conversion Kit
- Vortex Front Sprocket - 15T
- Superlite Rear Sprocket - 47T
- Full Safety Wired to CCS requirements

Tires:

- Dunlop Slicks, medium compound

Price:
$5500 obo

As it currently sits with Celtic Racing livery:
mI/AAAAAAAAWmY/rkchsV-katA/s800/_DSC2319.jpg" alt="" />

_DSC2324.jpg

_DSC2311.jpg

_DSC2312.jpg

Jeff Wood's 2007 Blue Livery:
_DSC2305.jpg

_DSC2304.jpg

_DSC8688.jpg

Spare parts:
_DSC3778.jpg

DesmoLin

Not right now. I'd like to sell everything as a package. If anything changes, I'll let you know.

Thanks.

vinniedeking

id love to buy the bike if i had enough $.. if you still got it in a couple of months consider it sold cause ill have enough money by then

darth nater

Staff member
Control Rider
N2
DesmoLin;224321 wrote: tentatively sold, pending pickup and full payment
Don't trust him, he is a lying cheat....j/k!!

Envy is exactly right, he couldn't handle all of his friends having bikes and him not, so glad you had this available for him.