FS: 2006 Yamaha R6 track bike - possible trade

Troy Carter

Well this hurts me a little but it may be time to let my current track bike go. Things are a little different in my life right now and I have given absolutely zero thought to when I may want to do a track day this year so I'm putting my bike up for sale and investing into something I will be doing more of.

This bike is an incredible track day machine that is ready to ride.

The bike:

2006 Yamaha R6
Clean IL title
7400 miles (less due to sprocket change but that's what the odo says)
Stock motor
BMC air filter
Removed catalytic
520 chain
Race bodywork all around (no street plastics)
Power Commander III
Pit Bull adjustable steering damper
Clip on bars
Valtermoto rear sets
Vesrah pads(RJL?)
Braided front brake lines
Safety wired (front brakes, oil drain, oil fill, oil filter, etc)
Puig screen
Bridgestone Battlax 120/180 slicks with one easy track day on them (best tires I've used and $400 a set!)
Tank sliders

img_6868-XL.jpg

img_6875-XL.jpg

img_6866-XL.jpg

The bike had one slow speed lowside before I owned it as you can see on the right side rearset and bar end. At the time it had different bodywork on it. The current bodywork is perfect...for track days, but not by any means perfect. The tail is cracked but solid and has not got any worse since I've had the bike (bought in July 2009). Other than that the bike is in good condition. Mechanically the bike is rock solid and performs exceptionally at the track without any issues. The motor pulls strong and clean. I've rode about 10 days on the bike and changed the oil every two track days. The previous owner used this as a practice/backup bike. This was a street bike originally an didn't see the track until it had around 5600 miles.

More pictures here

Asking $4500.

I may also consider a KTM 50 for my son as a partial trade.

Troy(at)troycarterphotography.com
seven zero eight two one two three eight five two

Located near Joliet Il.

csteger03

interested?

I have a 2009 kx250f monster edition located in Madison, WI. The bike has extremely low hours, less than 10 or so. I bought it last year, it has some scratches and scuffs, (as does any MX bike) but the drivetrain and controls are flawless.

I attached some pictures, let me know if your interested in a trade. I know its not electric start but this is a great MX bike!!!

Thanks,

Chris

PatFitz9

Why wasn't this for sale a few months ago?!? I was looking for an R6 trackbike, but settled on a gixxer. Bump for a nice ride!