FS: 2008 Ducati 848 Track/Race Bike

RyanITV

Admin
Looks like I may be upgrading (if luck and the wife will have it), so my 848 needs to go. It's been my track bike this year, with the oil changed after every weekend. I've also still got all the OEM Pearl White Street Bodywork (including the tank) with only 3 miles on the set when we pulled it off - it's worth $2500-$3000 on eBay or will let you put the bike back to stock.

It's got damn near every conceivable/available part installed, including:

SharkSkinz Bodywork w/ Superbike Tail
Silver/Black Paint Scheme w/Yellow Plates
Powdercoated OEM Wheels
Puig Double Bubble Windscreen
Yoyodyne Slipper Clutch
Ohlins/Kyle Racing Steering Damper
25mm Ohlins Drop-in Kit (Setup for 170lb Rider by Dan Kyle)
Ohlins DU515 Rear Shock
Brembo Full Floating Front Rotors
Performance Friction Carbon Metallic Pads
Euro Racing Adjustable Throttle
Lightec Quick-Release Gas Cap
Brembo Radial Mount Brake Master Cylinder
Brembo Radial Mount Clutch Master Cylinder
Woodcraft Clipons
SpeedyMoto Water Pump Housing
SpeedyMoto Frame Sliders
MPL Tuning Frame Plugs
Front Axle Sliders
Rear Axle Sliders/Spools (Conventional Stand)
Starlane Standalone Quickshifter
Arrow Titanium Slipons
Lightweight Aluminum Rear Subframe
TechSpec Tank Grips
Yoyodyne Quick-Change Rear Carrier w/3 Sprockets
14T and 15T 520 Front Sprockets
520 Chain Conversion
Carbon Fiber Front Fender
Carbon Fiber Rear Hugger

I believe I've got all the OEM parts except for the rear tag bracket - used it to make my 1098S street-legal for resale. Oil fill cap and drain plug are safety wired.

It's got around 2500 miles on it; around the last 300 or so was from Matt control riding with it after his bike died.

Last 3 pics are a bit dated - it's got candy red wheels now to match the "848" logos.

salute.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Make me a reasonable offer and it's yours - I've got the MSO in my hand. I was thinking somewhere around $17.5k-18k; new bike is $13k and this one has $9000 worth of work.

Ryan

scott146

Control Rider
OK Ryan.....

OK Ryan......what the heck are you upgrading to? Upgrade usually means something more exotic, expensive, harder to get your hands on.....you get the picture.
Scott

RyanITV

Admin
scott146;3629 wrote: OK Ryan......what the heck are you upgrading to? Upgrade usually means something more exotic, expensive, harder to get your hands on.....you get the picture.
Scott
Can't quite say yet - if the deal doesn't fly, I'll stay on the 750.

Ryan

RyanITV

Admin
Nope - out of my league and not practical as a track bike. Looking to get a 1098 on the track...

Ryan

PJZOCC624

I would like for you to bring in to Beaverun Sept 6/7 please so that I might test ride if for 8 or 9 sessions. I will gladly pay your asking price if it gets me the bump to "A".

Heck, I might even through in a cooler of SamAdams too!!

Helluva bike Ryan. If my kidney meets the reserve on EBAY, I'm definitely in!

RyanITV

Admin
Also - regarding the price. If someone wants it significantly cheaper, that's doable. I can strip some of the upgraded parts of the bike to bring the price down.

As an example/hypothetical:

Let me keep the OEM bodywork, Brembo rotors, Starlane quickshifter, water pump housing and Brembo clutch/brake master cylinders.

The price of the bike drops to around $14500 - complete with Sharkskinz, full Ohlins (front, rear, damper), Yoyodyne slipper clutch, exhaust and a hell of alot more. That's less than a new one with the 25mm kit installed. :D

Ryan

PS - Scott - you know you want a backup bike! :second:

FrostyFire

Wow, what a sweet ride. The amount of money you're asking is what they cost in Canadia anyway, except yours has all the goodies thrown in!!!

RyanITV

Admin
I think a bunch of the stuff is getting transitioned over to the new bike, so the price on this one will drop down to between $12-$14k once I move everything over (and depending on if I keep the stock bodywork).

Still, $12k for an 848 (that's never been down) with race bodywork, full Ohlins, quick-turn throttle, a Yoyodyne slipper clutch, lighweight subframe and more doesn't seem to bad. The suspension alone would cost $3000 to do...

Ryan

The Chad

Control Rider
RyanITV;4348 wrote: I think a bunch of the stuff is getting transitioned over to the new bike, so the price on this one will drop down to between $12-$14k once I move everything over (and depending on if I keep the stock bodywork).

Still, $12k for an 848 (that's never been down) with race bodywork, full Ohlins, quick-turn throttle, a Yoyodyne slipper clutch, lighweight subframe and more doesn't seem to bad. The suspension alone would cost $3000 to do...

Ryan
I say you keep it and let me street ride it! ;)

TTT

Motomoon

I am interested but was wondering whats wrong with the motor? Ever time I saw it at the track it seemed slow and down on power;) I figured it must be something with the bike?

The Chad

Control Rider
motomoon;4367 wrote: i am interested but was wondering whats wrong with the motor? Ever time i saw it at the track it seemed slow and down on power;) i figured it must be something with the bike?
Moon from the top rope

kaaaaablammmmmoooooooooooooo!!!!! ;)

RyanITV

Admin
Motomoon;4367 wrote: I am interested but was wondering whats wrong with the motor? Ever time I saw it at the track it seemed slow and down on power;) I figured it must be something with the bike?
Err... :idea: You must have been watching Matt ride it... :haha: :crs:

Ryan