FS: 2010 BMW S1000RR Track Bike + Spares

RyanITV

Admin
After coming to terms with the fact that I'm just faster on smaller bikes, I've decided to put my dust-collecting, super-pimped "museum bike" S1000RR up for sale. The bike is in pristine condition with somewhere around $40k invested. Everyone seems to love riding it but me - hahaha!

2010 S1000RR - 2700 Miles (first 600 were street miles)

Chassis
Motoholders Aluminum Fairing Stay
Motoholders Aluminum Subframe
Stock Subframe
Alpha Racing CF Bodywork (lightweight - lower is 1.7lbs)
Alpha Racing Bodywork Mounting Kit
Alpha Racing Seat Pad
BMW WSBK Replica Paint Scheme
MRS Windscreen
Spare Armour Bodies Bodywork (painted white w/ black lower)
Attack Performance Rearsets (std or gp)
PVM/Alpha Forged Aluminum Wheels (blue)
Stock Wheels + Rotors for Rains/Spares
GB Racing Covers, Spools + Shark Guard
Woodcraft Clipons
Alpha Racing Quick-turn Throttle
Accossato Progressive Throttle (not installed)
Alpha Racing Quick-Release Gas Cap
Alpha Racing Folding Clutch Lever
NTEC UK Slicks (1.5 days on them)
Cox Radiator Guards
Woodcraft Rame Sliders
Gilles Chain Adjusters + Sliders
Titanium Rotor Bolts
Titanium Caliper Bolts
Titanium Rear Subframe Bolts
Titanium Rear Axle Bolt

Suspension
Kyle Racing 28mm Offset Triple Clamps
Ohlins FGRT Forks (Stock Forks Included, too)
Ohlins TTX BM888 Rear Shock
Ohlins Steering Damper
Lee's Cycle LCR Rear Link
Alpha Racing Swingarm Pivot (not installed)

Brakes
PVM/Alpha 5.5mm Floating Front Rotors
PVM/Alpha Rear Rotor
Brembo 19RCS Master Cylinder
Brembo CNC Monoblock Calipers (Nickel Finish)
Stainless Brake Lines
Performance Friction Pads
Bypassed ABS (still have lines to re-enable)

Engine/Drivetrain/Power

Akrapovic Titanium Evo Shorty Exhaust (light + loud)
BMW Race Air Filter
Power Commander V (192rwhp on pump gas @ SpeedWerks)
HM Quickshifter (adjustable, handles std or gp)
Factory Pro Shift Spring
OEM "Slick Mode" plug installed/enabled
OEM Tipover sensor installed
520 Conversion (3 rear sprockets)

Tools/Miscellaneous

BMW GS911 Bluetooth Service Tool (reset indicators, check codes)
Factory Service Manual on DVD (*not a copy, the real $108 OEM one)
Alpha Racing Pin Front Stand
Alpha Racing Rear Stand
Fully Safety Wired
Assorted Misc Hardware + Stock Parts
Woodcraft Rearsets
Spare Brake Pads
Pit Bull Strapless Restraint Pins

Title is clear, in hand along with factory books + spare keys. The bike has never been raced or down.

$25,000 or open to trade for your track-prepped 848 plus cash.

IMG_2839.jpg

IMG_2840.jpg

IMG_2843.jpg

IMG_2844.jpg

IMG_2845.jpg

IMG_2846.jpg

IMG_2854.jpg

IMG_2858.jpg

Ryan

glass

Ryan,sweet job on that bike!!! Anyone even considering a BMW needs to buy this one, nothing was spared building this one. Im shocked to see it.......man, the best of everything. Good luck with the sale, if i didnt just spend everything i have on building a house that would be back in my garage. -Joe

Daddyjama

Not worthy:)

Awesome setup.. Gotta ask, seems like alot if effort not to ride.. I there a woman or something involved?:)

RyanITV

Admin
glass;208385 wrote: Ryan,sweet job on that bike!!! Anyone even considering a BMW needs to buy this one, nothing was spared building this one. Im shocked to see it.......man, the best of everything. Good luck with the sale, if i didnt just spend everything i have on building a house that would be back in my garage. -Joe
Hahaha - nope, I don't think there's much else I could do. I kept throwing more at it, but always seemed to be 2-3 seconds a lap faster on the R6. Every time I'd pick up some time on the BMW, I'd hop on the R6 and the gap would be the same.

Daddyjama;208386 wrote:
Not worthy:)

Awesome setup.. Gotta ask, seems like alot if effort not to ride.. I there a woman or something involved?:)
Nope - I'm riding my ass off this year, just on the R6. The only involvement from my wife was teasing me that every time I build a big bike (848 vs 1098R, now R6 vs S1000RR), I'm somehow always faster on the smaller ones. That's why I'm open to trades for an 848... even tried buying my old one back from the current owner.

Ryan

RyanITV

Admin
Crap, Pete - just saw your reply to the "slower on a faster bike" thread. Figures, the one time that I didn't subscribe to something I replied to, you would've answered with that. I definitely would have taken you up on it.

How' you get along with it compared to your R6? I think that's what you were on the last time we rode together (I still had my white R6 and 1098R - pitted next to you on Lightning).

Ryan

Macon663

RyanITV;208403 wrote: Crap, Pete - just saw your reply to the "slower on a faster bike" thread. Figures, the one time that I didn't subscribe to something I replied to, you would've answered with that. I definitely would have taken you up on it.

How' you get along with it compared to your R6? I think that's what you were on the last time we rode together (I still had my white R6 and 1098R - pitted next to you on Lightning).

Ryan
Well, we went a lot faster on the ducati, but the ducati also had more work/parts done to it that my R6 did. We did 15s at summit and 25s at jersey. The duc was slower than built r6's in a straight line, but it was on rails in the corners and really really good on the brakes. We had a bit of a set up issue we never got figured out, and we were still able to go really fast. The motor is really quite similar to an inline 4 in the sense that it doesn't work well below 7.5 or 8k rpms. And once you get to 10.5 its begging to be shifted. So the power band is pretty small. That being said, its got a lot of character and I really loved the ducati slipper clutch and the way it felt settling into a corner. It didn't have the nervousness of an R6 when flipping back and forth either. Bike made 130hp on pump gas.

Its a bit of a trade off in the end. Both are super capable. But the soul of the Ducati just can't be matched by an R6 imo.

If you want a master technician to help you build one, I'm sure my mechanic would be happy to talk to you about it.

RyanITV

Admin
Macon663;208409 wrote: Well, we went a lot faster on the ducati, but the ducati also had more work/parts done to it that my R6 did. We did 15s at summit and 25s at jersey. The duc was slower than built r6's in a straight line, but it was on rails in the corners and really really good on the brakes. We had a bit of a set up issue we never got figured out, and we were still able to go really fast. The motor is really quite similar to an inline 4 in the sense that it doesn't work well below 7.5 or 8k rpms. And once you get to 10.5 its begging to be shifted. So the power band is pretty small. That being said, its got a lot of character and I really loved the ducati slipper clutch and the way it felt settling into a corner. It didn't have the nervousness of an R6 when flipping back and forth either. Bike made 130hp on pump gas.

Its a bit of a trade off in the end. Both are super capable. But the soul of the Ducati just can't be matched by an R6 imo.

If you want a master technician to help you build one, I'm sure my mechanic would be happy to talk to you about it.
Yeah, I agree - pretty narrow powerband and not that quick on the straights, but a blast throwing it thru the corners. The only data I have from mine was circa 2008; my best at NJMP was only low 1:29s on it (stock motor, yoyo slipper, no tune, 93 octane pump gas and Arrow slip-ons). I just remember the bike being fun to wring the snot out of it and never spinning up.

Are you going back to an R6?

Macon663

RyanITV;208410 wrote: Yeah, I agree - pretty narrow powerband and not that quick on the straights, but a blast throwing it thru the corners. The only data I have from mine was circa 2008; my best at NJMP was only low 1:29s on it (stock motor, yoyo slipper, no tune, 93 octane pump gas and Arrow slip-ons). I just remember the bike being fun to wring the snot out of it and never spinning up.

Are you going back to an R6?
I'm not sure which brand I'm headed to next. I just know I want one back in my life again.

We didn't have any issues getting our tires to spin, lol. I guess 130 hp and a lot of torque will do that.

borislav

Control Rider
Ryan you are realy selling it!!!
After we were talking at VIR I never belived for one second that you're going to sell it!
Dude that's bad ass bike:adore: and I hope that person who buys it will have enough skill not to destroy it at first track day.
GLWS Ryan.

Hey Pete how you doing!
Thanks again for those tires I'm hooked up on GP's LOVE them!!!

Gorecki

Wow! I've seen and drooled over that bike here for most of the season. Mary even made a cake of it if I recall correctly?

So for fairness and knowing that machine would probably chew me up and spit me out....here's a bump for good luck! :)

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Could I borrow it for a few track days until you sell it! I can almost keep up with Rob C. but the old R1 doesn't have the horses to stay with him!!:banghead: