Gear for an Intro Day

SwannyR6;4995 wrote: Thanks for the heads up guys and all of the information!!!

I do currently ride the street with jeans. Although, just the other day I purchased the Icon Field Armor Leg Guards and was thinking of purchasing some riding jeans (reinforced with kevlar inserts) soon. I know, I know, it's not the same as leathers, but I figure it's better than just regular jeans.

As for the intro day we would probably rent a suit, but after that would go out and buy one.

Here's what I feel is another really stupid question: :doh:
Does anyone show up to track days on their bike?
Meaning, if you don't have a way to trailer the bike :tothetrack:, do people just ride it there?
Hey Swanny:

Another idea is for you and your friend(s) to just ride to a NESBA track day and hang out and spectate. I am sure you'd be more than welcome to walk around the pit area and ask questions. People are very friendly and love to answer questions. That way you can take the day in without pressure and see what its all about.

BZ

jpaulsen

I would say most trailer/truck their bike, but each track day I've done, there are usually one or two that ride in. Today we're at PIR (Portland, OR) and there is a guy on an SV650 that rode it...and just rode it out to get lunch! :p

Trent1098S

Trust me on this, get GOOD gear. If you skimp on the gear and get the absolute cheapest you can find, you may be tempted to keep going to track days over and over again with it to get the "most" out of your money. Not a good idea as your speeds get faster and faster.

I had a bad high speed get off this weekend (3rd track day) at Putnam that resulted in a cracked helmet, concussion, and ambulance ride - but the rest of my body is fine. No bruising, nothing. Just some complaining muscles and joints. If I hadn't been wearing the full AlpineStars MX suit, GP gloves, and SMX boots I would have been in deep trouble. Minimum damage would have been busted knee, shoulder, and ankle.

I could have spent a long time in the hospital, but with good gear I was back at work on Monday.

If you can't afford good quality gear right now, at least rent it. But don't try to go out and do something inherently dangerous "on the cheap".. you may end up regretting it for a LONG time after that day is through!!!

Trent1098S

PS to this - no matter WHAT get a back protector to wear under the suit. NESBA rules say it's optional but it's probably the only thing that kept me from getting a cracked vertebrae this weekend!! I spent 4 hours strapped to a backboard in the ER while they did cat scan and X-Rays, but came out clear.