Getting into racing

g_debell757

I am nowhere near ready to racing. My first trackday is 4/30/23 @njmp lightning. However if I want to enter a race for personal achievement how would I go about doing that?
Again I'm aware I'm not ready but I'm intrigued. Thank you in advance. I appreciate your guys experience, information and advise

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
No, YCRS isn't a race school. The race school N2 offers mentioned by Tom is offered by N2, usually the day before a race weekend. I think it's a $100 charge on top of the trackday. When you look in the registration area, it will be a separate item with the name of the venue followed by Race School. Perhaps a race director will chime in, but I think you might need to be in Intermediate to sign up. I may be wrong about that, though. It gives you the provisional license. Note, I don't race, so apologies if any of this is incorrect, someone please correct if wrong.

g_debell757

No, YCRS isn't a race school. The race school N2 offers mentioned by Tom is offered by N2, usually the day before a race weekend. I think it's a $100 charge on top of the trackday. When you look in the registration area, it will be a separate item with the name of the venue followed by Race School. Perhaps a race director will chime in, but I think you might need to be in Intermediate to sign up. I may be wrong about that, though. It gives you the provisional license. Note, I don't race, so apologies if any of this is incorrect, someone please correct if wrong.
Thank you. I'm not prepared to race right now anyway. I need to gain some track experience.

@g_debell757

Doesn’t hurt to be curious and you should be commended for your sober self-appraisal on readiness.

I think your time with @tdelegram will be well spent.

N2 as a club (that dominates the entire East coast) and road racing in America are deeply intertwined. You’ve hit the jackpot with N2 and can be confident that you’re going to receive experience-based advice from N2 CRs and riders. It will be a long time before you outgrow N2 and you’re highly unlikely to miss anything in your progression.