Getting to know the CRs...

bboynicku

Hey just a suggestion, maybe have a Sticky thread in the Nesba Paddock section with the CRs posting up their name, picture, current bike pic, bike info, and maybe a shot of them on the track so we know what they look like in full gear and not just from the morning riders meeting where they are in normal clothes. Sometimes we meet so many CRs that it's hard to keep track of who helped you and worked with you one session. I feel bad sometimes wanting to thank a CR from the help they have given me but not remembering their name on the forums etc. :doh:

I know the more trackdays we do the more we'll meet and get to know but it might be helpful for newer folks to Nesba as well :D

lushtrucker

Heh, my problem is all the bikes look the same to me, usually when I pull off the track I don't recognize which cr might have helped me that session.

Guess I just need to pay more attention to the details, usually I'm more concerned with not crashing ;-)

Ruhe52

The Bellypan is a bit out of date SE alone 33 of those guys are not showing up at events anymore and unfortunately 2 are no longer with us and we still miss those guys every event.
When working with someone a number of us try to introduce ourselves and at the end of the session get our lids off when giving feedback.
We run into the same issue when meeting so many members its hard to keep who is who straight.
"Yeah we were riding together I have black leathers and a blue R6" just isn't specific enough.
One way for all of us to get to know each other is take advantage of the meet and greets and don't be shy.
Dave is right. Feed us and bring us beer hahahha Also if you are focusing on not crashing ( I know you were sort of kidding) but if that is an issue slow down. You will not only pick up an identifying marker for the CR but also reference points and other useful things.
Seriously come hang out in the evening for awhile if you can and if you are really working on your riding try to mark your CR bike number, or leathers and stop for feedback at the end of the sessions. We are there to help.

What brand of beer do ya want Mike? I'll have it for you at RA and I'm pretty sure Anna won't mind cooking for a guy that helps me out as much as you do. She enjoys track days much more when I don't crash. LOL

Ruhe52

What brand of beer do ya want Mike? I'll have it for you at RA and I'm pretty sure Anna won't mind cooking for a guy that helps me out as much as you do. She enjoys track days much more when I don't crash. LOL

HAHAHA I feel like I have been adopted. You know what they say about strays brother. DON'T FEED THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anna has nothing to worry about as I hope you got that shit out of your system in turn 5 brother.

How's the arm you think you will be healed up by Road Atlanta?

Or do we need to go get you some healing? :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0AdtgFbqOc

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZuNQl25Oxk

Adopted???? Hell no Bro. Claimed for my private riding coach would be a better description. The arm is about 90% back to normal. It was just a small stress fracture. I've done worse falling down in the parking lot. But that's another story. I'll be riding RA. Hell, I couldn't let you guys have all the fun. Sorry OP for jackin' your thread, but if you really want to get to know the CR's and all the other fine folks that ride in this club, just hang out after the track goes cold. This club is full of some of the finest people on the planet and everyone I've met in my short time with NESBA has been friendly and helpful. It's an honor and a privilege to be associated with them.

Ruhe52

OP not sure what region you are riding in but if you are SE find me at our next event and I will get you sorted. We have a new rider area with members that have been gracious enough to volunteer their time to show the ropes. Introducing folks around has become an added benefit of that and so far sounds like Matt and Mike have done great work at the two events we have done this at.

Mike "Claimed" This isn't that sort of bike club and I am not getting a tattoo that says "Property of GriffonRider" on my ass.:D

bboynicku

griffonrider;277874 wrote: Sorry OP for jackin' your thread, but if you really want to get to know the CR's and all the other fine folks that ride in this club, just hang out after the track goes cold. This club is full of some of the finest people on the planet and everyone I've met in my short time with NESBA has been friendly and helpful. It's an honor and a privilege to be associated with them.Hey no worries, i'm usually one of the last to leave but that's cause i take my own sweet time packing cause my lower body is destroyed from the last couple sessions lol

Ruhe52;277915 wrote:
OP not sure what region you are riding in but if you are SE find me at our next event and I will get you sorted. We have a new rider area with members that have been gracious enough to volunteer their time to show the ropes. Introducing folks around has become an added benefit of that and so far sounds like Matt and Mike have done great work at the two events we have done this at.

Mike "Claimed" This isn't that sort of bike club and I am not getting a tattoo that says "Property of GriffonRider" on my ass.:D
lol i'm in the Mid-Atlantic region. My home track is Summit (about 1.5 hours) and i do NJMP as well. Planning on Beaverun in July and couple weeks back was my first time at VIR north :)
i did check out the new rider area at VIR when i was there, that was a great idea! ... 2 hours of the day was spent fixing up my bike from a crash so didn't get to spend that much time chillin but did meet a few more folks

Ruhe52;277915 wrote: OP not sure what region you are riding in but if you are SE find me at our next event and I will get you sorted. We have a new rider area with members that have been gracious enough to volunteer their time to show the ropes. Introducing folks around has become an added benefit of that and so far sounds like Matt and Mike have done great work at the two events we have done this at.

Ok, if not "property of", how about "owned and operated by" :idea:

Rmcaninch600

Control Rider
bboynicku;277999 wrote:
lol i'm in the Mid-Atlantic region. My home track is Summit (about 1.5 hours) and i do NJMP as well. Planning on Beaverun in July and couple weeks back was my first time at VIR north :)
i did check out the new rider area at VIR when i was there, that was a great idea! ... 2 hours of the day was spent fixing up my bike from a crash so didn't get to spend that much time chillin but did meet a few more folks
Ill be at beaver that weekend feel free to stop by. also, where are you from because sounds like you may be around me

CBRtist

I've noticed one of the things during the general rider's meeting lately is an introduction of each CR, their name, bike and number. It's helpful. I've only been to NJMP thus far, so I'm not sure if this is done elsewhere :dunno:

bboynicku

CBRtist;278755 wrote: I've noticed one of the things during the general rider's meeting lately is an introduction of each CR, their name, bike and number. It's helpful. I've only been to NJMP thus far, so I'm not sure if this is done elsewhere :dunno:Yup they've done this is all the trackdays i've been to this year. summit, njmp, vir. Definitely helpful. What would be even more so is if the CRs were in their gear and helmets :D joking aside, it definitely helps connecting a face with a name

Rmcaninch600;278079 wrote:
Ill be at beaver that weekend feel free to stop by. also, where are you from because sounds like you may be around me
will do! I'm in gaitersburg, MD. You?