Goodbye 2020, Hello VIR South!

Holy smokes that was fun! 284 miles of track time and i'm hoping to diagnose Scruffy tomorrow.

So...what did you guys think of my favorite course?
I had a blast. The course is challenging. It's definitely more of a workout than CMP. It took me a bit and some pointers from Ron to get better in the "corkscrew" or whatever it's called and the final section. 11/10 would ride it again, especially under the same set of circumstances.

dhelsley22

Holy smokes that was fun! 284 miles of track time and i'm hoping to diagnose Scruffy tomorrow.

So...what did you guys think of my favorite course?

Very challenging and quite the workout, but it was so much fun. Definitely learned more than at CMP and I feel myself getting a little smoother. Gotta get myself off the bike a lot more and learn how to carry speed into corners better. I would definitely make the drive again, and I imagine the other layouts up there have to be a lot of fun too!

I don't know how you guys ride all day like that and not get completely wiped out, I was so tired by lunchtime.

bmart

Control Rider
VIR Grand - Almost no one ever runs it, but IT is a workout! Because of the length, you get very few laps in your sessions.

VIR Full - Speed, speed speed and a wide range of skills needed to go fast there.

VIR North - Very challenging and shares part of the Patriot course. Can be difficult to pass in lower groups where passing is limited.

VIR South - You know it. Blind entry, late apex, off camber exit. Patience at turn in and looking up the track is key!

VIR Patriot - My second favorite track and I hope that we get to go with N2 one day. Minimal straights. Teaches good body position and low energy movement as you're always transfering from one side to the other.

Regarding running so many miles...I cheat. I never run at full pace. lol I can't speak for the other CRs.

Come to the next one! It should be warm enough for full greeeeeeeep!

1621640768207.png

MK3Brent

Treebeard
VIR Grand - Almost no one ever runs it, but IT is a workout! Because of the length, you get very few laps in your sessions.

VIR Full - Speed, speed speed and a wide range of skills needed to go fast there.

VIR North - Very challenging and shares part of the Patriot course. Can be difficult to pass in lower groups where passing is limited.

VIR South - You know it. Blind entry, late apex, off camber exit. Patience at turn in and looking up the track is key!

VIR Patriot - My second favorite track and I hope that we get to go with N2 one day. Minimal straights. Teaches good body position and low energy movement as you're always transfering from one side to the other.

Regarding running so many miles...I cheat. I never run at full pace. lol I can't speak for the other CRs.

Come to the next one! It should be warm enough for full greeeeeeeep!

View attachment 8408
I’ll be there most likely!
Considering an NC Bike day first.