Gp shift and standard shift decals. $12 each

cazperz

PJZOCC624;271760 wrote: It's not in the NESBA manual as far as a requirement, so this goes above the minimum. And in the WERA rulebook (if you want to use a more strict guideline) there's no mention of color, simply that it has to be on the bike...

Ch 8., sect. 2

"aa) All machines must have a sticker placed on the triple clamp or gas tank reading “GP” or “STD” depending on the shift pattern used by your machine. These stickers will be available at tech."

Mine passed tech, and I specifically asked if it was ok.

(And I think most of us know what the purpose of the sticker is)

If the color of the bike was yellow, then what? The above rule doesn't even state it has to be of contrasting color.

I had no idea that was the point of them but I'm also in my first full year of ccs racing and don't really know any personal friends who race so I'm kinda learning as I go. Thanks for the info.

chrisplm

Chris
I believe the main reason is so that if you go down, the corner workers etc can get your bike into neutral without having to screw around...
And no, you cant always just pull the clutch in. many times the lever (or some other part is broken) making the clutch in operable. not to mention, pushing a bike in neutral is way easier than pushing it when in gear with the clutch in.

Even if you run Standard shift it is nice to have, since no one else knows what your pattern is. and at the track many people (at least everyone I ride with) runs GP Shift.

Most orgs don't require safety wiring your oil or not using coolant either, but personally I do it anyway, I don't want to be the guy dumping oil and coolant on the track.

Plus the stickers were nice for me for as a reminder while I was still getting used to GP Shift.

I've actually sold quite a few of these through the forum and on ebay.
I'm not getting rich on them, just looking to cover my time and materials.
I haven't put up more pics of the stickers I've been making because they have people names on them, and I'm not the type to put others names on the internet. :)