Green Racing Alliance

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Hey Brad,

good to see you guys advancing with renewable energies. Seems as though many people have taken to BW Fuel, which is great.

However, what is the manufacturing process like? Have you guys looked at your carbon footprint created in actually making BW Fuel? Be interested in hearing a little more on this process.

bodell

lemondrop;154792 wrote: Hey Brad,

good to see you guys advancing with renewable energies. Seems as though many people have taken to BW Fuel, which is great.

However, what is the manufacturing process like? Have you guys looked at your carbon footprint created in actually making BW Fuel? Be interested in hearing a little more on this process.
Great question. I will have the web designer to add a page to the site addressing that.

NickMcCoy

Recycled knee sliders? Wow, you people are really doing the rest of us Earthlings a favor, thank you so much. I'm going to make a point of not dragging my knee from now on in the name of being "green" because that few inches of plastic really makes a difference. What a joke.

bodell

NickMcCoy;155275 wrote: Recycled knee sliders? Wow, you people are really doing the rest of us Earthlings a favor, thank you so much. I'm going to make a point of not dragging my knee from now on in the name of being "green" because that few inches of plastic really makes a difference. What a joke.

BWFuel distributes fuel in recycled 15 gallon plastic drums that originally come from the beverage industry. Once a customer is finished with them we offer a discount on the next drum of fuel in exchange for the empty.

The empty barrels are then broken down and turned into knee sliders. This is the THIRD
phase of the barrel's life.

We feel that this does make a big difference considering that over 300 barrels have been turned into 1000 sliders in just a single season. We expect to do three or four times more next season.

So in response to your statement...

A 16 oz plastic water bottle weighs 12.7 grams.
A 15 gallon plastic fuel drum weighs 6.5 pounds or 2948.4 grams.
That is roughly 233 plastic bottles per drum and almost 70,000 bottles for this season.

We don’t think that is a joke, especially when nobody else is doing it.

The Green Racing Alliance is focused on introducing recycled and renewable products to a sport where there are none. Overcoming attitudes like yours will be our biggest challenge.

Mikey75702

I think its a good idea. Keep up the good work. The more eco friendly we can make this sport the longer it will take for the spa to ban it.

bodell

Mikey75702;155283 wrote: I think its a good idea. Keep up the good work. The more eco friendly we can make this sport the longer it will take for the spa to ban it.
Thank you for your support. Both here, and on WERA.

bodell

dbakerpa;155287 wrote: Do you have to flush this out of the carbs like the VP.
No. Treat it exactlly like pump gas. Even our oxygenated version should be treated like pump gas.

litespeed

Brad,

I think the recycled sliders are awesome. I do have a serious question though. Why can't the fuel jugs simply be reused? I assume it has to do with government regulations.

Just curious,

Lynda

bodell

litespeed;155290 wrote: Brad,

I think the recycled sliders are awesome. I do have a serious question though. Why can't the fuel jugs simply be reused? I assume it has to do with government regulations.

Just curious,

Lynda
They are usually pretty abused by the time I get them back.

tomseviltwin

Control Rider
bodell;155280 wrote: BWFuel distributes fuel in recycled 15 gallon plastic drums that originally come from the beverage industry. Once a customer is finished with them we offer a discount on the next drum of fuel in exchange for the empty.

The empty barrels are then broken down and turned into knee sliders. This is the THIRD
phase of the barrel's life.

We feel that this does make a big difference considering that over 300 barrels have been turned into 1000 sliders in just a single season. We expect to do three or four times more next season.

So in response to your statement...

A 16 oz plastic water bottle weighs 12.7 grams.
A 15 gallon plastic fuel drum weighs 6.5 pounds or 2948.4 grams.
That is roughly 233 plastic bottles per drum and almost 70,000 bottles for this season.

We don’t think that is a joke, especially when nobody else is doing it.

The Green Racing Alliance is focused on introducing recycled and renewable products to a sport where there are none. Overcoming attitudes like yours will be our biggest challenge.
I had wondered where those sliders came from when I read about the series for next year. Very cool.

D.Brown

PUCK IT!!! I enjoy burning up recycled knee sliders. They last nearly twice as long as other brands, and God knows that we gotta beat that competition!!!