Green Racing Alliance

PJZOCC624

bodell;155280 wrote: BWFuel distributes fuel in recycled 15 gallon plastic drums that originally come from the beverage industry. Once a customer is finished with them we offer a discount on the next drum of fuel in exchange for the empty.

The empty barrels are then broken down and turned into knee sliders. This is the THIRD phase of the barrel's life.

We feel that this does make a big difference considering that over 300 barrels have been turned into 1000 sliders in just a single season. We expect to do three or four times more next season.

So in response to your statement...

A 16 oz plastic water bottle weighs 12.7 grams.
A 15 gallon plastic fuel drum weighs 6.5 pounds or 2948.4 grams.
That is roughly 233 plastic bottles per drum and almost 70,000 bottles for this season.

We don’t think that is a joke, especially when nobody else is doing it.

The Green Racing Alliance is focused on introducing recycled and renewable products to a sport where there are none. Overcoming attitudes like yours will be our biggest challenge.
Didn't realize how much of an effort you guys were making with this. WELL DONE and keep it up!

NickMcCoy;155275 wrote:
Recycled knee sliders? Wow, you people are really doing the rest of us Earthlings a favor, thank you so much. I'm going to make a point of not dragging my knee from now on in the name of being "green" because that few inches of plastic really makes a difference. What a joke
What an ass. When the majority of the non-riding public has a general disdain for motorcycles and especially sportbikes, an organization like Bodell's provides a very good example for the enitre industry, not just the racing community. (Especially when the majority of the general public believes in recycling and the effects of global warming) GAFC

bodell

PJZOCC17;166208 wrote: Didn't realize how much of an effort you guys were making with this. WELL DONE and keep it up!

What an ass. When the majority of the non-riding public has a general disdain for motorcycles and especially sportbikes, an organization like Bodell's provides a very good example for the enitre industry, not just the racing community. (Especially when the majority of the general public believes in recycling and the effects of global warming) GAFC
Thank you for your post and support.

http://www.trackdaystore.com/BW-Fuel--MEGA-Pucks_p_3571.html

Blinky

How about a small discount on if you want a used not so pretty bucket...

I am always looking to try some of this stuff and maybe next season I will give it a try.

Does it smell like a hamburger grilling up? If so, im all on that...

Meat

PJZOCC17;166208 wrote: ..... (Especially when the majority of the general public believes in recycling and the effects of global warming)
LOL!!!

Recycling, definitely. Saving the world from toxins and trash, definitely. Man Made Global Warming..........

Ok, I went back and deleted my entire rant. Belive what you want, but one should always use thier own logic and question the source if the source is profiting from you believing.

PJZOCC624

Meat;167754 wrote: LOL!!!

Recycling, definitely. Saving the world from toxins and trash, definitely. Man Made Global Warming..........

Ok, I went back and deleted my entire rant. Belive what you want, but one should always use thier own logic and question the source if the source is profiting from you believing.
Dammit, I like your rants!

So, yes, of course, Bioweapon is profiting from their race fuel (I hope so, anyway). Just as Toyota hopes to profit from the Prius, Chevrolet from the Volt, or any company that produces a hybrid. Nobody is doing this to break even or lose money. I doubt Bodell is going to be able to retire off his Bioweapon royalties in the next year, but damn they should make a few bucks in the process.

The point of my post was to recognize that, even if it is a small impact or difference, that Bioweapon is an alternative source for those who want to make that conscious decision. The post by NickMcCoy I thought was foolish and unintelligent.

Personally, I don't do a whole lot (if any) to reduce my "carbon footprint" - I drive a diesel, would never consider an electric car, don't run around turning off lights or changing from incandescent bulbs. I don't feel like any of those changes would help the environment if ONLY I did it. But, I also don't think I help matters at all.

Meat

PJZOCC17;168134 wrote: Dammit, I like your rants!

So, yes, of course, Bioweapon is profiting from their race fuel (I hope so, anyway). Just as Toyota hopes to profit from the Prius, Chevrolet from the Volt, or any company that produces a hybrid. Nobody is doing this to break even or lose money. I doubt Bodell is going to be able to retire off his Bioweapon royalties in the next year, but damn they should make a few bucks in the process.

The point of my post was to recognize that, even if it is a small impact or difference, that Bioweapon is an alternative source for those who want to make that conscious decision. The post by NickMcCoy I thought was foolish and unintelligent.

Personally, I don't do a whole lot (if any) to reduce my "carbon footprint" - I drive a diesel, would never consider an electric car, don't run around turning off lights or changing from incandescent bulbs. I don't feel like any of those changes would help the environment if ONLY I did it. But, I also don't think I help matters at all.
:)

I was meaning people profiting from it like al gore, and the poor unfortunate climate scientists that depend on government grants that support man made global warming. It is riddled with corruption and that should make people exceptionally more skeptical, but for some reason it doesn't.

I also think this carbon BS takes the attention away from other things like ACTUAL pollution. And I am not just talking about all of the amazingly bad chemicals used to manufacture as well as in batteries. I am also talking about the fact that diesel fuel has more BTU's per gallon than gasoline and if you want efficient vehicles, we should look into clean burning efficient diesels. And ethanol is NOT better for the environment; it takes a lot of power to produce. Don't forget all of the chemicals as well, as fuel to plant, maintain, and grow the crop. Then transport, distill, transport, store, transport, mix, transport and then finally into your vehicle to be gobbled up by your car since there are less BTU's/gal in ethanol than gasoline. Not to mention the major impact it has on food prices since farmers are growing massive amounts of corn for ethanol rather than other crops. And all of that transportation...wow! And of course, it is very expensive to do all of this so we, the tax payers, must pay for all of this inefficiency.

And I like what Brad is doing with Bioweapon. More products in the racing market is good, being able to run a race fuel that doesn't eat your race bike from the inside out is also very good. Put a green stamp on it and maybe some slutty free-lovin tree-huggin babe will think I am hot for putting it in my bike....that is the very best reason of all!!

Why do I do so much cardio when I get my heart pumping replying to threads on here.
:)

dbakerpa

I am skeptical of the science behind global warning. Still- All our crap has to be bad for something so I applaud your efforts. Not to mention the Knee sliders last about 3 times longer than the Chicken Hawks. I LOVE them. They also seem to have a better feel on the track.

One question. How much is the BW fuel and do you have to flush it out like the oxygenated fuels. I asked someone this before but could'nt remember the answer.

dpullen

As for the BW Fuel - treat it like pump gas. We leave it in the bikes and have had no problems. That's just one of the awesome benefits of this stuff.