Grounding Q.S. sensor...

JBallz

So I can sleep better at night, can I get some thoughts on where I grounded the quick shifter sensor?
9ecba10a78a6f5d3f7b2752d0c9d4510.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tdelegram

Control Rider
Not sure on your bike but the ktms have a couple unused bungs in the frame that an m8 threads right into near the head stock, I hit one with some sand paper and then an extra ground strap off the battery. I thought most radiators are rubber mounted to the frame so not a good ground. 2 other options, the bolt mounting the rad to the frame/rad brackets or run a ground wire from the battery. I would do the latter and fix it to the frame and qs up front. An extra ground strap is a good thing.

JBallz

Thanks guys.
I think I will go with running a ground to the battery. Can't go wrong with that. I'm surprised that the people that make these great products make such terrible directions.

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
Thanks guys.
I think I will go with running a ground to the battery. Can't go wrong with that. I'm surprised that the people that make these great products make such terrible directions.

Yeah you don't want to use the radiator since there is usually rubber grommets that keep it from making contact with the chassis of the bike.
Grounding to the engine (top towards the rear) or go to the battery.

tad158

Astronomer not Astrologer
Yep that is not ground on the 09-14 R1....battery is best, any bolt that threads into the frame is usually good, or an engine bolt...

JBallz

There was a fairing mount in the frame. You can barely see it in the above picture. Sanded off the black paint and grounded it there. Not super happy with the way the rods looked after I cut them with the hack saw, but it turned out alright...
8a155bbf1b9706d81ec5f425ecce6bfd.jpg