Happy trails!

• Thread starter Deleted member 26394
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 26394

Normally I would be gearing up to purchase my season pass during the usual Black Friday sale like I do every year. Not this year. I don't know about you guys but in ten years of doing this, I have never seen a serious injury at the track till this year! Yeah, I have seen some crashes, I have even had a few myself but everybody always gets up and walks away. I saw some serious carnage this year. it really freaked me out and I quit for a month over it. It's so so hard to quit something you love this much so I came back and carefully finished the season. Did a day at pitt and finished the summer at road america in August. Almost crashed at the end of the day at RA! (Dirt track training paid off I was able to save it)

It didn't take long after the near miss at RA before I came to the conclusion I don't want to live with this danger anymore. At 52 years old it's time for a permanent change! 2022 was definitely my last season at the track!

It's been an amazing 10 years. I'm grateful I had the experience. Traveling the country I never pitted next to someone I didn't like. You guys are an amazing group of people and it has been an honor riding with you guys all these years!

Happy holidays and happy trails!
Jeff sizemore

bmart

Control Rider
Very kind words about folks you've pitted with (I feel the same), and I'm sorry to see you go.

I've been at it since 1998 and am at 349 days...with my only injury just over a year ago (kept my from 350!). A lot of folks our age are having the same conversations with themselves and each other. I've taken up low key off road riding for the off season. I don't want any more injuries before the end of my track days, but my heart is still in it once I am on the road to each event, I see all of those smiles, and I am on the track...any track.

Stay safe. Come hang out sometime if you like. If you get south for street/dirt riding, look me up. I'm in Charlotte, NC, and I'd be happy to roll around with you.

D

Deleted member 26394

Very kind words about folks you've pitted with (I feel the same), and I'm sorry to see you go.

I've been at it since 1998 and am at 349 days...with my only injury just over a year ago (kept my from 350!). A lot of folks our age are having the same conversations with themselves and each other. I've taken up low key off road riding for the off season. I don't want any more injuries before the end of my track days, but my heart is still in it once I am on the road to each event, I see all of those smiles, and I am on the track...any track.

Stay safe. Come hang out sometime if you like. If you get south for street/dirt riding, look me up. I'm in Charlotte, NC, and I'd be happy to roll around with you.
Thanks for the nice reply. Yah, I know what you mean. When I'm at the track I feel like I'm in the most happening place in all the world! Like there is just no place on planet earth I'd rather be. I'm gonna miss it terribly but it's time. I have a family to take care of! im at peace with the decision.

If I ever make it back down south sometime I'll let you know im in your neck of the woods! Keep up the dirt riding in every way shape and form. All that squirreling around on dirt truly pays off at the track! Stay safe! Have a happy Thanksgiving!