Hello 2 wheel friends

Chad Stouffer

Hello everyone I am located in western pa near Pittsburgh and looking to ride on the track and learn as much as possible and start some riding classes....looking for recommendations or pointers in trying to achieve my future goals of possibly entering some amateur racing events... I know there’s lots to do befor that can happen just not to sure how to go about starting that path!!

Thanks for any help!

tdelegram

Control Rider
Chad,

Welcome aboard. N2 is a great way to accomplish your stated goals. With general track days, ability to sign up for one on one coaching via the atp program, and also the ability to get a provisional novice license through the N2 race school. Additionally, N2 partners with Wera on several endurance races each year where you can get your feet wet on a Saturday or stay through Sunday to do some sprint races. There aren't too many days left this year especially this far north, if you're not ready to go winter is the perfect time to accumulate gear and thoroughly go through your bike to make sure it's in tip top shape. Check out the N2 website for more details (read the rides manual) and feel free to post up any questions.

Tom, also in the burg.

Chad Stouffer

Chad,

Welcome aboard. N2 is a great way to accomplish your stated goals. With general track days, ability to sign up for one on one coaching via the atp program, and also the ability to get a provisional novice license through the N2 race school. Additionally, N2 partners with Wera on several endurance races each year where you can get your feet wet on a Saturday or stay through Sunday to do some sprint races. There aren't too many days left this year especially this far north, if you're not ready to go winter is the perfect time to accumulate gear and thoroughly go through your bike to make sure it's in tip top shape. Check out the N2 website for more details (read the rides manual) and feel free to post up any questions.

Tom, also in the burg.
Ok sounds good I know I am late on tying anything this year but like you said I wanted to get some info on the things I need check into and the gear/bike ready for next season!

bmart

Control Rider
Welcome! We're all happy to answer specific questions. Looking forward to riding with you.

Motofun352

Control Rider
Hi Chad, welcome to the N2 board. This is a great time to be shopping for used gear if new stuff is out of reach, price wise.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
By the way, you live near the best track in the Northeast. That's not to say you shouldn't try other tracks but PittRace will be perfect to get started. I will warn you though that PittRace fills up quickly so my advice is to purchase an Elite Membership so you can sign up early for an event at PittRace. With the Elite Membership, if life gets in the way for any reason or the weather is not cooperating, you can cancel up to the day of the event. The elite membership pays for itself the very first time you have to cancel an event for any reason. Every event we had at PittRace this year was sold out a week before or more prior to the event.

Welcome and be ready to have the most fun on 2 wheels you've ever had. Don't be nervous, everyone at the event started just like you at one point or another.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Chad, Welcome!

Everyone else pretty much covered the subject. You are indeed fortunate to be so close to PittRace! I'm in the South Hills, so you're also a neighbor (don't know what part of the burgh area you're in). We all live for this stuff, so don't hesitate to reach out with any questions or issues. You've got a perfect opportunity to get really prepared so that when next season rolls around, the only thing for you to do is get tires on the track! The season will creep up on you, so my advice is to keep that attitude and interest active, and get you and your equipment prepared sooner rather than later. The more little details you can knock out early, and the more familiar you can get with what to expect, the less you have to think about when you're at the track. Then Johns advice about the Elite membership and early sign-up for PittRace is very accurate.