Hello and a couple ? Charlotte NC

Ron82nd

Just wanted to take a second and introduce myself. I am a complete novice to track days and will be learning from all if you as I go along. I will be attending CMP 8/31-9/1 and hope to get to Garysburg,NC track as well.
I currently ride a 899 panigale and was curious if tires are typically available at the track particularly in sizes 180/60/17 or should I plan on bringing another set? Do not want to fail tech.
Also when it comes to suspension would like to get sag dialed in so are there typically suspension services available?
Thanks in advance

Motofun352

Control Rider
As a new to the track guy there's no need to go whole hog on expensive tires. Dunlop Q3+, Q4 or Pirelli TD's are way good for Novice and intermediate pace. Can't speak for the SE but there is usually tire service available. Suspension set up service can be hit or miss. A couple of beginner issues.....set your sag properly. Set you chain tension properly (2" 'slop'). Don't be afraid to ask for help in the pits...there's a lot of expertise available. Oh, and welcome to the addiction.:D

Ron82nd

As a new to the track guy there's no need to go whole hog on expensive tires. Dunlop Q3+, Q4 or Pirelli TD's are way good for Novice and intermediate pace. Can't speak for the SE but there is usually tire service available. Suspension set up service can be hit or miss. A couple of beginner issues.....set your sag properly. Set you chain tension properly (2" 'slop'). Don't be afraid to ask for help in the pits...there's a lot of expertise available. Oh, and welcome to the addiction.:D

Thanks for the heads up on everything. Have a feeling I’ll be asking a few questions for sure.

bmart

Control Rider
I'm in Charlotte, so we can't be too far apart. For suspension setup, I'd suggest the old standard of 35mm front sag, 30mm rear. One second to compress, two seconds to rebound. that will be more than sufficient for "day 1" of your track day addiction.

Day 2 usually involves scouring craigslist for a track bike, better gear, and a second job to support the habit. You're doomed...

Welcome!

Ron82nd

I'm in Charlotte, so we can't be too far apart. For suspension setup, I'd suggest the old standard of 35mm front sag, 30mm rear. One second to compress, two seconds to rebound. that will be more than sufficient for "day 1" of your track day addiction.

Day 2 usually involves scouring craigslist for a track bike, better gear, and a second job to support the habit. You're doomed...

Welcome!

Thanks for the advice. I am having a mechanic set it up and paying $100 not sure if good price or not.
As far as better gear and bike, I’m already telling wife the rest year is going to be an expensive one. Lol