Hey mods

ta2kutz

you guys should have it so only nesba members(ie have a login on the nesba.com site) can get into the bbs
or is it that way?

RyanITV

Admin
Only on my first cup of coffee... takes me longer to point and click. :)

They're removed/banned as well.

Ryan

Motomoon

ta2kutz;18770 wrote: you guys should have it so only nesba members(ie have a login on the nesba.com site) can get into the bbs
or is it that way?
We have a lot of new guys who come here and ask questions and aren't ready to register as members etc. We try to make it as accessible as possible. That is why it is not required to register a full NESBA account at this time.

Keep us posted if you run into anymore spamming

Folly1

This should probably be in the feedback section but I want to say, you guys did and are doing a GREAT job with this website.

Thanks from all of us.

Ben.

1literduceater

Motomoon;18774 wrote: We have a lot of new guys who come here and ask questions and aren't ready to register as members etc. We try to make it as accessible as possible.

That was one of the things I liked about Nesba....I was on this site for at least a year if not longer before I did my first track day with them....most of the other orgs you had to be a paying member.

Motomoon

It's work in progress and is only getting better. Fortunately our web tech is better at riding the keyboard then he is his motorcycle! ;)

New registrant will now have to use a link in a confirmation email. This should help.

Thanks for looking out.

finny47

There's more garbage

Look under News and Info. There are two posts of the same crap from anitastarzzz

RyanITV

Admin
I just turned on moderation of new users; even requiring them to click a link to activate their new accounts only slowed them down slightly. I've had to ban/delete 30 or so accounts so far this AM.

Ryan

1literduceater

RyanITV;18849 wrote: I've had to ban/delete 30 or so accounts so far this AM.

Ryan

Ryan at work:
atomic-bomb.jpg

:hand: :hand: :hand:

beac83

Thanks guys. You are doing a great job both here on the forum and with NESBA generally. I'm sure not enough of us say thanks often enough for all the joy you bring each of us via NESBA.

Thanks.

Meat

I am really impressed that nesba is one of the few forums that isn't dominated by one or two jerks. Fantastic job nesba!