Hotbodies Race fairings buy 1 set get 1 set free

davidreaper

I completely forgot about this thread..
anyways I got mine mounted and my buddy got his finished

If you go a couple times a year and don't have a dedicated track bike I don't really recommend these. Now ArmourBodies Doesn't make a kit for my bike the only other one I could find was by SharkSkinz and their race fairings was a one piece kit, both upper and lower attached which honestly might be a little better because it is only a little bit more extra.

The problem I ran into with mine is the lower didn't want to clear the radiator and the lower was hitting the lower radiator stay bracket. So the left side of my lowers look great but the right side looks uhhhh well......

Anyways I waited till the week before the first track day of the year to start mounting them and ran into some problems because I didn't have my dremel with me to trim the lip for the shock and midpipe; and spent the track day with just the upper.
DAV_3768.jpg

DAV_6235.jpg

IMG_1808.jpg

My buddy jumped and got his done way before me he ran into the same radiator problem and belly pan not clearing the shock

so after the track day I came home and mounted the lower trimmed some things and got it all situated

Left side flush
FB456DF2-0B83-4684-9605-BE15ED5B5DC5-23135-00000E7C8CF1BC21.jpg

Right side the lip is a tad bit too long and with the radiator pushing it out makes it look like this
7C543E12-B49F-4FED-BEA8-3BB326106B66-23135-00000E7C952879E3.jpg

Took them off painted them (spray paint is the best)
and will have the decals up soon
EF953A07-1EBE-40E3-87AD-44E864380391-330-00000000DA1C4895.jpg

1EACFCC3-E0BE-4C13-9135-36AD1A3D6A59-330-00000004B5835CCA.jpg

IMG_1899.jpg

davidreaper

Not one for reviving dead threads but I'm not around here much.

Crashed in the hot bodies and they held up ok didn't crack or anything had a highside in the rain going into turn 5 at rd Atlanta
3y7ymyqu.jpg

agy8e6y2.jpg

4e6uru4u.jpg

Bondo the holes re paint and drive on

Spork

Hot bodies don't fit worth a damn , But....... I have 2 low side's, and 1 fall off of loading ramps on mine, and with few patch's here and there , only the tail is trashed . I'm gonna patch the tail back together cuz i'm broke .
XUw68IP.jpg

bmrboy

If you have some patience & the correct tools .... you can make any body work fit & look good .....
It's not rocket science ...... :D

Ruhe52

Sorry Mike that is poor advice I have seen some sets of HB bodywork that literally looked as if it was an upper for one bike and a lower for another. So now someone reads your post and wastes hard earned money paying for garbage when a few hundred more would have netted a product manufactured to bolt up and fit proper.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

bmrboy

QUOTE=Ruhe52;294565]Sorry Mike that is poor advice I have seen some sets of HB bodywork that literally looked as if it was an upper for one bike and a lower for another. So now someone reads your post and wastes hard earned money paying for garbage when a few hundred more would have netted a product manufactured to bolt up and fit proper.

No advice was given ... simple statement ... correct tools & patience ... some folks can only afford so much ...
My last 2 sets of Armour Body's needed to be trimmed to fit properly !! Nothing is perfect .....:dunno:

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson[/QUOTE]

Ruhe52

4 sets of AB 6 sets of Shark Skins
1 set of Alpha all drill dimples mount perfect.
2 sets of HB first set no matter what level of patience and elbow greases as never going to fit and this was for one of the most popular bikes in the paddock.
2nd set only reason it worked is because it was after the team sent a dozen sets back and refused to accept them.
Point is you should not have to work your stuff to get it to fit.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

www.swettwarriors.org

Hunter S. Thompson

JBZ1k

I can't think of a product I despise more than Hot Bodies... They could give me a free set and if it looked like what I got last time it would go straight to the garbage where it belongs... Freaking front fender looked like a B1 Bomber, almost completely flat, and the rest of it was twisted all to hell. Hey if it came in " motorcycle" shapes I would not hate on them so bad but they have serious QC issues and the little extra I will spend on the Armourbodies will be well worth it.

Normally I would not have said anything but that stuff makes me want to off myself...

ekraft84

Hotbodies is the worst. There are other options out there worth a few extra bucks.

And FWIW, all of that stuff is made in China, except Sharkskinz - which is made in the USA.