How come no liter bikes?

MaidenNJ

I've been noticing that most people are running 600's on the track rather than larger bikes like R1's etc.

Is it because the 600's offer plenty of power on the track or some other reason?

Sklossmonster

high siding sucks
That would be a lot funnier if it weren't so true!

I'm sure there are many reasons, but the two that come to mind for me are:

1. 600s cost less in every way, and track riding is expensive.

2. 600s are one of the best learning tools for this game. I often call them "Do no wrong bikes" Very forgiving.

JRA

1000's teach you how to brake early and get on the gas late. 600's teach you the other way around.:D

Plus all the other stuff that's been mentioned.

mattf

"I rides me a liter bike cause I'm a biggun, and I don't know no better!"

hillbilly-jim-interview-20070122041104368-000.jpg

Trent1098S

Ducati 1098S $22,000
Trent's Third Track Day $160
Taking a picture of yourself while strapped to a back board waiting for a CAT scan to see if you broke C3... priceless. (Actually not really, that bus trip cost me $6k out of pocket)

Season is coming up quick. Remember to give yourself time at the start of it to shake off the rust before you go all shake & bake crazy.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Morph;115836 wrote: Boots!!!
Well, look who popped in!!

I had a CBR929 for the track. Now I have a gixxer 600. The 600 is more fun! I think my laptimes, slow though they are, are faster on the 600.

Landshark

Control Rider
Trent you have a sickness. A social networking sickness or something in that dept. Who the hell even thinks of taking their own picture while strapped to a back board? They gotta have a Betty Ford clinic for ya someplace!
I'll give ya this though you certainly keep us well informed.

PS I hope that was a while ago because you need to be healthy to chase that "A" this year. See ya out there.