How many Days out of a Q2?

BigBird

Hey all,

Just wondering how many days are expected out of a Q2 at a slow B pace?

I have about 4-5 days on a set and in my last session, the rear started feeling greasy. It was a hot day out, but it was only on the last session that it started happening. Weather or wear?

Can I get a day at Lightning out of them?

betarace

slow B they should be good for 7-10 days, depending on how hungry your right hand is. Lightning isnt that rough on tires due to it's (relative) flow, but wtihout pix or a tech inspector looking at them, it's hard to say.

rk97

I can conservatively get 4-5 days out of a rear at a slow "A" pace.

Honestly, 6 would be very doable if I were willing to spend the money to have a tire flipped a second time, but it's usually not worth it unless it's the very end of the season and the alternative is buying a new tire for 1 last day.

Matt H

betarace;206223 wrote: Lightning isnt that rough on tires due to it's (relative) flow,
I disagree with this - I EAT tires at lightning. On the side of the tires for SO long at that track, and generally driving hard with the rear (so much gas at this track) or scrubbing speed with the front on entry (not so much straight up and down braking or acceleration).

BigBird

Matt H;206241 wrote: I disagree with this - I EAT tires at lightning. On the side of the tires for SO long at that track, and generally driving hard with the rear (so much gas at this track) or scrubbing speed with the front on entry (not so much straight up and down braking or acceleration).
i thought this was more of the case, just wanted to make sure. So maybe I should get a new rear...damn this sport is expensive :banghead:

beac83

I get 7-8 days on a Q2 rear at a moderate to fast B pace.

However YMMV depending on how well your suspension is set up. I seem to have my bike in a suspension sweet spot thanks to the folks at Turn One Racing here in the midwest.

Fastguy

BigBird;206243 wrote: i thought this was more of the case, just wanted to make sure. So maybe I should get a new rear...damn this sport is expensive :banghead:
Curious, where are the wear bars on your Q2?

dbarufaldi

On a CBR600RR with suspension not really set up for my weight, I got 9 days out of my Q2's. The front had more life - several more trackdays. I run mid to upper "I" pace - 1:08-at-Beaverun type pace.

I think part of this durability is due to the fact that it was at several different tracks. 4days T-Bolt, 3 days Grattan, 2days Beaverun. Morning of 9th day I flipped the rear (Beav and T-bolt are right-side centric).

Going by my (admittedly lousy) memory, I don't think I ever had track tires last this long, and I'm probably faster now than any other time in my track riding career.

I'm going to retest my Michelin Power Pures, and if they aren't as good in terms of grip, I'll keep those as rain tires, and buy more Q2's. I found the Q2's to be lousy in the rain. Aside from rain/very cold grip, they are probably the best track tire I've used.

Dan B

BigBird

Guess it was the weather. Used it on Saturday at Lightning and they were fine at my slow pace. Feeling left out not buying tires like my fellow riders.

Guess I'll just have to go faster now ;)

borislav

Control Rider
Like I said before Q2 is grate tire BUT I got 5 days out of rear 211GP!3 in I and 2 in A group.fliped tire half way and replace it when it reached ware bars(could have run it one more t-day)but why risk it!
I have to say only one thing about 211GP's and that's AWESOME!!!!!!!:adore: