If you didn't already know how awesome N2 is, read this...

DblD

First off, thanks to all the gang at N2 for a fantastic time this weekend at NCBike. I could go on and on about how much I learned, how smoothly it was run, how safe it was, and of course how much fun everyone had. Instead, I urge you to read the rest of this post and see how high N2 sets the bar in terms of ensuring a wonderful track day experience.

It all started in Spring when, after years of saving and lusting after an Italian, red motorcycle with a booming v-twin, I finally took the plunge. Unfortunately, I ended up spending my summer fixing oil leaks and chasing electrical gremlins. I was able to sell the red devil to someone more patient and knowledgeable than I, leaving me without a ride. By all accounts, a 2015 Yamaha R1, should have all of the positives and none of negatives of my previous mount. However, my better half correctly pointed out that the only way to find out would be to get some honest seat time at the track. Great idea in concept, but there's nowhere to do so in reality---right?

This is where N2 Track Days takes center stage. Long story short, Lars Dunaway pulled a bunch of strings, got several different parties involved and arranged for me to demo Yamahas at NCBike. I registered for the track day as soon as I got the great news. I was in disbelief right up to the point where I was standing in line for tech inspection with leathers, helmet, gloves and no bike. Once at the front of the line, the N2 guys said "no problem, we've got you listed, make sure you see Keith at the YCRS demo tent for your ride." Sure enough, Keith Culver (YCRS instructor) signed me up to demo the R1 in session 2 and the R6 in session 3.

After a clear and concise riders meeting given by Johnathan and an excellent and informative novice riders class with Kris, it was time to head out. I got a full session on each bike at speed and discovered that the 2015 R1 really is in a class of its own. As amazing as the R1 was, I found the R6 to be the most balanced motorcycle I have ever ridden. Needless to say, I will be filling that empty spot in my garage with a R6.

The real revelation of the day was how helpful, knowledgeable and encouraging the entire staff of N2 was. Lars even followed up on Monday to see that I got everything I needed from the track day. I will be attending all of their Southeast events on 2016. Thanks to N2, YCRS and NCBike for the wonderful opportunity!

rob92

Control Rider
N2
Glad you had a great day and found your new ride! Nothing like getting to tryout a new bike on track.