Insurance for track bikes?

adotjdot

Control Rider
ATP/3C
I recently looked into this as well. Came across Foremost. Check out their website...

They have 3 levels. The Plus and Elite packages call out Track Day coverage specifically. The policy is designed to cover the bike for both street and track use. They are very helpful over the phone so I recommend calling and asking questions.

"First Accident Forgiveness, Total Loss Settlement (two yrs.), $3,500 Optional Equipment, $1,500 Helmet and Safety Apparel, Towing and Roadside Assistance, Trip Interruption and Track Day coverage are just a few of the items that make the Plus Package a popular choice."

I am using them to cover a couple of of my bikes. These are bikes that are titled in my name and not being used for racing. The policy does not cover timed race events. Coverage is similar to other types of vehicle policies...Liability, Collision, etc...

Can't hurt to check them out if you are looking.

jhoyle3

I called Hagerty a while back already and they do not insurance motorcycles (unless it's a vintage).

Yeah I think the simplest is to simply not register the bike as it won't be on the road anyway. Catch is I think the dealer has to send in the registration and then the NC DMV is gonna lose their mind as I have no insurance on it. LOL. I did ask if they simply do not send it in, as there has been an issue getting the lien released from the original owner or something they are still working on but they know it's only for the track. I just do not want the NC DMV to get their knickers all in a wad over it.
I initially registered my bike for the road but after my first season of track riding, I decided that it was useless to keep the bike street legal and turned in the tag to the NC DMV. I was able to downgrade my insurance policy to theft only (GEICO).