Iowa Speedway anyone?

zeus

Control Rider
Here is a chance for all the Mid-west and Mid-central nesba riders to get together and ride with nesba again. I have worked a deal to have nesba be a part of the first Iowa Grand Rally held at Iowa speedway in Newton, Iowa. The event dates are July 25-28. The nesba track days will be Saturday July 28 and Sunday July 29 on the infield of the Iowa Speedway. The hours will be a little different that the usual nesba day, but everything else will be the usual nesba format. The track goes green Saturday from 7am-3pm, and 8am-4pm on Sunday. The hour change is to not conflict with all the evening activities. All rider who buy a track day also get discounts to the rally event tickets. For more info on the rally you can go to http://www.iowagrandrally.com

If this event goes well we may have the option for more dates this year so please pass the word and get your friends to come out. As you may guess this is going to be a big event with upwards of 10,000 motorcyclist expected. So plan ahead for lodging as there is not much in the imitate area. We will have free camping in the pit area for Friday and Saturday night.

Hope to see all the familiar faces from both the mid-west and mid-central! Sign up early! I am sure it is going to sell out quick!

Also in the old Mid-Central fashion lets get a cook out going for Saturday night in honor of the Larson's!

NO MEMBERSHIP REQUIRED

mpz

Nice! Have not done IS since 2008. I hope weather is nice and track won't be green that early.

cooker1

Midwest members lets make a showing ! They shut us down for whatever reason it really makes no difference at this point ! I think we should all show up and show them what a mistake they made ! ( you never know this may be a test )!!! The main thing is we show up and sell this TD out so we can get the MW and Mid Central back open !!!!!! I love NESBA they taught me how to ride fast and safe !( Thank You MW CRs ) I for one would rather spend my money with NESBA but it is what it is and I am spending it with others , MW and MC members show up cause we wont be seein any SE members ( who they expanded ) there or NE for that matter !SIGN UP and SHOW UP !!!!!!!!!

dlockhart5x

a map showing "our" area and a really bad job in ms paint sketching in the track

Some of the other activities should be fun to observe :popcorn:

749scott

any hints on setup? is the track banked pretty good? any help would be cool. see you there :tothetrack:

749scott

749scott;248965 wrote: any hints on setup? is the track banked pretty good? any help would be cool. see you there :tothetrack:
Okay i found some old you tube vids, if the track is laid out the same looks like we are never really going on the big track. please correct me if i'm wrong.

zeus

Control Rider
No banking, completely flat track. The track will eat tires on the left side though.

thull25

What is the price for people coming into the pits with us? We are going for the trackday not the rally. Will it be the same $35 entry fee?

zeus

Control Rider
No fee for people coming to the track day, but if you want into the rally then the gate fee applies. The rally will be in the upper area behind the tower.

zeus

Control Rider
The left side of your tire will be hurting for sure. Cr's will usually have to flip a tire after one day at Iowa.