Is License necessary for track days

rostam

Marcmcm;12224 wrote: And how long have you been riding?

Tigerboy? Is that you? :D
What are you trying to imply. I'm sure you're faster than me, if that is what you are trying to get at. I'm not sure what you mean?

Marcmcm

I could care less if I'm faster than you, but you just asked if a license is required for trackdays because you have a learners permit. It was just a question, mind you I teach MSF in PA and see guys that renew their permits for decades. I also see people that walked into PennDOT yesterday, got a permit, and today are riding a brand new sportbike. Which variety might you be?

rostam

I've been on the permit for three years now. Still haven't got a license. It forces me to be "sensible" on the street.

Marcmcm

rostam;12257 wrote: I've been on the permit for three years now. Still haven't got a license. It forces me to be "sensible" on the street.
That's all I was asking man... considering I saw a thread the other day asking to learn how to ride a motorcycle at a track day because the street is too dangerous.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Yeah, don't take offense to the question. There have been folks who, as mentioned above, think they should hop on the track to learn how to ride when they have zero experience. Not the place to learn to ride. A person needs to be proficient with all controls and be comfortable at highway speeds plus. Sounds like you've been riding for awhile. Go get that license! :)

fastfatguy

I attended a track day last year at Beav and there was a 14 yr old kid on a stock Ninja 250! For some reason :dunno: he slipped through the sign uptech and got 2 or 3 sessions in. HE HAD THE $HIT SCARED OUT OF HIM! Nice kid though...

:D

PJZOCC624

I believe the recommendation is 1 year's street riding experience. (Sounds like you got that 3 times over) No license needed. Saddle up and ride! If you're at Beave next weekend, stop and say Hi!

maine11204

I wasn't trying to call you out or anything, I just thought you bight have been a younger guy like me. I'm 20 but back when I was 18 I lost my license for a year (100mph over the limit!) and I was also trying to ride on the track with out a license. But the main reason I asked was just to see how young you were. I've noticed at most of the trackdays I've been to, there aren't many young guys, mostly late 20s and above.

PJZOCC624

maine11204;12292 wrote: I've noticed at most of the trackdays I've been to, there aren't many young guys, mostly late 20s and above.

FAAAAAHHHHHHKKKKK!!!!! :eek:YOU MEAN I'M OFFICIALLY OLD NOW?!?!?!?!?!?! When the hell did that happen??? Nobody sent me an email regarding this!

(maybe I can get a Goldwing Trike and track-prep it.....)