it's been 15 years...

corey4

it's been 15 years since i was at a track. my buddy and i used to do track days a few times a year but life, kids, work, injuries got in the way. only track i've been to is beaverun. i'm looking forward to the new pittrace! i pretty much all but gave up on motorcycling because of back surgery and really didn't know what kind of bike i wanted until i found my triumph. i was a little apprehensive about taking it to the track mostly because of the skinny 21" front tire but on the triumph FB page other riders have been posting pics of them at track days so i decide to say screw it, i'm in!

i'll be on the green triumph tiger 900 rally pro.

i'm looking forward to pittrace oct 9th!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! As someone who started riding at BeaveRun when it opened, all I can say is you will love the new PittRace configuration! It's awesome, and the new (well not that new anymore) owners are motorcycle-friendly.

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
Or Pocono
That is why they call it PocoNO and it not jsut bikes Car folks complained too I will say in my many years riding and working events there I was able to get what I needed, getting into the track early, access to that air fence stored in the bathoom and cones from the staff there. It took some time and effort, but I was able to get what I needed from them. I might have taylored things at the track to get me access but I'lll never admit the details. :)

However the guy that used to work the gate any years ago was never a happy person. I used to hate dealing with him until someone said to me that it must be really hard going though life being that angry all the time. New guy at the gate is awesome though. I hadn't been ther for over a year and he said "great to see you back" That a big switch from the other guy.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
That is why they call it PocoNO and it not jsut bikes Car folks complained too I will say in my many years riding and working events there I was able to get what I needed, getting into the track early, access to that air fence stored in the bathoom and cones from the staff there. It took some time and effort, but I was able to get what I needed from them. I might have taylored things at the track to get me access but I'lll never admit the details. :)

However the guy that used to work the gate any years ago was never a happy person. I used to hate dealing with him until someone said to me that it must be really hard going though life being that angry all the time. New guy at the gate is awesome though. I hadn't been ther for over a year and he said "great to see you back" That a big switch from the other guy.
I don't miss that place AT ALL.

corey4

thanks everyone for the welcome back! i see tech starts at 7am. what time does riding start? if i remember correctly, advanced goes first, intermediate second then beginner? i'll be in the beginner group.

looking forward to tomorrow!

MK3Brent

Treebeard
thanks everyone for the welcome back! i see tech starts at 7am. what time does riding start? if i remember correctly, advanced goes first, intermediate second then beginner? i'll be in the beginner group.

looking forward to tomorrow!
Usually 9am. Advanced goes first, then Novice, then Intermediate. (Last several times anyway.)