Jennings 8th 9th

stkr

Don't forget to protect your bike from freezing on the way down, and back. ;)

Mine is already winterized and put away as of last night. :(

bill88

Was there yesterday with STT. Rode in the intermediate, aka crash group. I have only riden in the beginner group with NESBA but STT's Novice group seemed to slow/restricted. My pace and skill were appropriate for the I group, and I only passed on the outside if at all in turns. STT's control riders were the reason for the crashing... the first red flag of the day was because a control rider hit a participant while passing him on the inside, happened right in front of me. I told the event director and thought that CR would not ride again, but followed him later in the day when he showed me a line. Can't wait until NESBA starts again in 2013.

Ex. 39

bill88;261331 wrote: Was there yesterday with STT. Rode in the intermediate, aka crash group. I have only riden in the beginner group with NESBA but STT's Novice group seemed to slow/restricted. My pace and skill were appropriate for the I group, and I only passed on the outside if at all in turns. STT's control riders were the reason for the crashing... the first red flag of the day was because a control rider hit a participant while passing him on the inside, happened right in front of me. I told the event director and thought that CR would not ride again, but followed him later in the day when he showed me a line. Can't wait until NESBA starts again in 2013.
do you have any idea what kind or color bike the CR was riding that did this?

bill88

Ex. 39;261338 wrote: do you have any idea what kind or color bike the CR was riding that did this?
Would rather not post online his identity. However better than bike color was the number on his orange jersey, which I report both to the director.

Ex. 39

bill88;261347 wrote: Would rather not post online his identity. However better than bike color was the number on his orange jersey, which I report both to the director.
so shoot me a PM.

mastermind

Yes.... you did tell me. Thank you. I appreciate that as I can not see all things at all times.

I spoke to the rider involved. I spoke to the instructor involved. I took the action I felt was appropriate. One of those actions was not 86'ing the instructor on the spot. Many factors contribute to how I might react to an incident. In any case, it has been dealt with, and it is between the two parties involved and myself.

As far as various other things that were happening in intermediate that day, I dealt with that as well. As well as making you guys wait on pit out while we had a little "talk". I take safety very seriously.

fwiww, I rode in I (and A) group that day and it was fine from where I sat (in I group).

Hopefully next year I can make it out to a couple NESBA events and learn a thing or two. :adore:

regards,
t