Lap timer and data apps

g_debell757

Hi there @NothingClever ! Hope all is well on your end. Curious about your Racebox experience so far? I have an android phone and it keeps disconnecting after a tad, regardless of what settings in battery optimization, etc. I have it. Curious how your experience has been. I have an apple phone through work and may run it off of that to see if it improves, but would like to avoid having any personal data on work phone.

I have the Racebox Mini S which is also supposed to run without a phone for data recording but it’s a no dice on that.
I have the mini a d mini-s. I find them a great tool but sometimes not always user-friendly. Lately I've been using two apps on my phone; "racechrono" and "hot lap". I also use the garmin glo2 as a gps receiver that connects to the apps. It's sketchy mounting the phone to the bike so I sometimes use a chest phone pouch. I attached a link. All this can be avoided with an "Aim solo" lap timer, but $600 is hard to swallow. Hope this was helpful.

Tikaton Running Vest with Adjustable Waistband & Smart Materials - USA Original Patent, USA Designed, USA Shipped, USA Warranty https://a.co/d/hj2YQ4P

Laszlo

Very interested in your results. The draw for the mini S for me is running it without a phone. I had it in my cart and held off, then they sent me a coupon to make it even more enticing. That said I'm still thinking about the dragy even though it has less features because I'll mainly be using it in my car and it's cheaper.
Was able to create custom map and it worked now. I think it was an older firmware. Works reliably now:)

Laszlo

Where is gymkhana?
Sadly for me (living near Philly) only in NYC and infrequent. I run my own course, with two versions, one slow (maybe 20-30 mph and lots of turns and front-brake diving turns, and then one faster where I get up to 50/low-60 mph-ish with harder breaking with some figure 8s or triangle-type figure 8s thrown in. I wish there were some around me but it really hasn’t caught on in the East Coast (good community in Cali). I’d love to do some around Philly, or also if tracks offered track days on go kart tracks. All my bikes are now fairly big but it’s still super fun for me. I did autocross on a ‘90 Miata for a while and that was both super fun and really created translatable skills from using eyes, line selection, vehicle attitude, etc.; I’m finding similar benefits on a motorcycle, though slower courses with lots of turns I’m finding I have to use my eyes to lock on a target or I get a LITTLE vertigo and then have to pause or put in a straight line so I can recover.

If N2 did a Gymkhana session before/after an event I would totally sign up:)