Let's See Your Trackbike!!

davidreaper

Rattle Can work on my Dinosaur

IMG_3303.jpg

VState60

bluers;248967 wrote:
IMG-20120630-00215.jpg

Bought these plastics off a CR here. They were well worn, but useable. Tank and all. A couple of my best friends paint bikes for a living so I took the plastics down there and asked them to help me do some repairs and get them in primer. Then the plan was to rattle can them in my back yard. I didn't want to spend any money on them. They are track plastics after all.

Well I brought them down to the shop and told them the plan. They were having none of it. They said it would have a custom paint job before they would release it. I explained that I would not be spending any money and they said they would do it for free (I have helped them countless times wet sand and buff plastics when they got back up). The only stipulation was that I had to use paint they had left over. Well they had just finished a magazine bike called Madness and had some House of Kolors chartreuse left over and, of course black is always in stock.

We worked every evening for over a week on them. Filling and sanding and filing and sanding. Sometimes we left at 9pm, sometimes midnight. I wanted to do something I had never seen before and argyle was it! I ran it by them and was told "no, it will look like a pair of socks!" I finally won them over and they all love it. I, myself, could not be happier! Just have to get a spare set of wheels and do them in chartreuse!

The only problem now is the bike looks like an AMA pro bike and the rider looks like a 96 year old man out for a Sunday drive. Working on that though! You guys are fast!
I hope you found the rest of that lower before it got on the track. That'd wouldn't pass tech at a race. I dig the uppers though.

bluers

VState60;273567 wrote: I hope you found the rest of that lower before it got on the track. That'd wouldn't pass tech at a race. I dig the uppers though.
It's a Hotbodies belly pan that retains the kick stand. I only do trackdays so it's fine for me. Thanks on the paint though! I am really happy with how it turned out.

Ruhe52

Looks sort of R6ish. Time to start parting mine out and unload the goodies.

Mike Ruhe
SE CR 52
2006 Yamaha R6
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 BMW S1000rr
2011 Suzuki GSXR 750

Support our Servicemen and Women
www.swettwarriors.org

The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.
Hunter S. Thompson

here is my new to me R6 for those of you that haven't seen it on its first two events! same color scheme but waaaayyyy more power then the 1993 cbr600 f2