looking for a dedicated track day bike

Status
Not open for further replies.

scottbanner

After completing my first track day i realized that a dedicated track motorcycle would be the best way to enjoy this expirence. So looking for the right bike that wont break the bank. not afraid of projects or crash repair.
Thank you!!

bmart

Control Rider
Excellent!

I suggest a little more detail, like size/style you're looking for, etc. Also, peruse classifieds for WERA, CCS, etc. There's usually plenty available. Also...your budget, leaving plenty for good gear and track days! And your location!

LesPow

Control Rider

scottbanner

I think I saw this at pitt race this weekend.

scottbanner

I realize that If you had read my initial post it said I don't mind projects. Besides he offered the bike to me for 3,000 on Sunday so it sounds a little risky

CaseyAlbert

Hi Scott! Sorry we ran off the other day without saying "Good Bye!" We just figured with ourtechnical issues and others that we would head on home and come back another day.
Good luck in your bike search!

LesPow

Control Rider
Started at 5,000 went to 4,000 now up to 5,200
Hey Scott, not sure if we met over the weekend. I was pitted somewhat directly across from Jeff, who is selling the Kawi. This post with $5200 was the original one. Price has been adjusted to a fairly good number to get rid of it. You got a great deal at $3000. But nothing nefarious about the deal, he only wants to get it off his hands. Its in good working condition.

TimTheAsian

Fresh off the Boat
Staff member
Control Rider
I mean I just talked to the man himself and that wasn't the price I got and I'm friends/family (my quote was higher). So yea if that wasn't a not made up story of Jeff saying "yea take it today for $3k." You missed out.

N2 control riders arent about to sell a member a bad bike and then have to see you at all the events afterward :D

scottbanner

No w
I mean I just talked to the man himself and that wasn't the price I got and I'm friends/family (my quote was higher). So yea if that wasn't a not made up story of Jeff saying "yea take it today for $3k." You missed out.

N2 control riders arent about to sell a member a bad bike and then have to see you at all the events afterward :D
No worries you asked for alignment and that was mine. With 4,000 miles of racing miles it's going to need something soon. And the price jumping just seemed odd.

scottbanner

Hi Scott! Sorry we ran off the other day without saying "Good Bye!" We just figured with ourtechnical issues and others that we would head on home and come back another day.
Good luck in your bike search!
Hey, thanks for reaching out!! It was a pleasure meeting you both. Hope to see you soon!!

MK3Brent

Treebeard

For real... I'm not a supersport rider, but I wouldn't have passed on that.. lol

Backmarker

Control Rider
Hole Lee Sh!t.
Even at 5k that bike was a deal.
If I didn't have two of them already it would have been mine.
Parts are easily available and cheap.
It's a perfect starter bike.
I guarantee you can't ride that 600 to its full potential.

tdelegram

Control Rider
Jeff is rock solid and so's the bike, if you're still interested I can have him reach out or shoot his contact info

Status
Not open for further replies.