Looking for a starter track bike

Mikey75702

I think some of us have spent too much time on the wera beebs.

I don't wish to scare blueninja off, I just want him to lurk and/or join in on yhe NON-advice giving threads for a while. He was very entertaining.

Mikey75702

I would like to know if he is a troll as well. I was leaning yes, but now with other control riders posting around/about him, I am starting to think otherwise.

Kordyte

He doesn't act like a troll, but I really can't ignore this post:

blueninja1;164703 wrote: dude is right, trolls need to be fed in the winter time. ;)
Go back to page 8 of this thread for all that.

(And yes, I'm paying WAY too much attention to this. I'm just really bored, it's winter lol)

blueninja1

I appreciate rk standing up for me. I was a little taken aback by kordyte's comments. However I can take it, but was a little hurt in all honesty. I'm a humble guy and just have a passion for the sport. Hope to see you guys at the track.

Mikey75702

blueninja1;165214 wrote: I appreciate rk standing up for me. I was a little taken aback by kordyte's comments. However I can take it, but was a little hurt in all honesty. I'm a humble guy and just have a passion for the sport. Hope to see you guys at the track.
So to eliminate all confusion..... can you swear you are not a troll so that can be laid to rest??

betarace

258Troll_spray.jpg

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Hey I was fine until I saw the posts to Judy...I thought my morning posts on Sunday were nicely stated pleas to Blue's better sense to listen at this point since he has no actual experience on two wheels before offering up advise.

But when he called Judy "Granny" I blew my top.

And I still maintain my position that he owes her an apology.

blueninja1

FU dzum, you come off as a total arsehole to me, please don't talk to me if you ever come across me on a trackday if you act as arrogantly as you do on here. And if judy wants me to apologize to her i will. However, everything i said was in jest.

kawaholic

ya know...i was gonna apologize for maybe getting a little carried away with this too. what you did was TOTALLY out of line. i'm new around here too. i don't know judy. i've never met judy but i was appalled and disgusted by your comments towards her. you say (j/k) then your next post you keep right on going. you're talking about toy's in your closet and all that other crap you said. SHOW SOME RESPECT TO THE LADY. SHOW SOME RESPECT TO OTHER MEMBERS OF THE FORUM WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND HERE A LOT LONGER THAN YOU.

rk97 wrote, " he seems like a nice enough guy. Eager, (over)confident, and young; but nice."

i felt the same way reading your posts until you attacked judy like a dog in heat. you say it was all in jest. i don't believe you. there are some others who don't either, i'm sure.
IF she wants you to apologize you will?!?! WTF IS THAT? she's too gracious to tell you to apologize.
BE A MAN. like nike says, JUST DO IT. here AND if you ever meet her in person. you'll feel better, i'll feel better and so will everyone else.

kordyte wrote," If he comes to ride next year, rides safe, and keeps his ego in check, he'll be fine."

mikey wrote, "I don't wish to scare blueninja off, I just want him to lurk and/or join in on yhe NON-advice giving threads for a while. He was very entertaining."

this is all great advice. plenty of other people gave you pretty much the same advice. you chose to ignore it all and carry on with your advice like you've been on a bike on the track your whole life. who knows, maybe you'll show up and teach the cr's a thing or two. then you can come back here and make us all eat crow. :rolleyes:

i THOUGHT i was pretty fast on the street. not many people i rode with had the balls to even try to keep up with me over some twistie mountain pass. never really rode over my head but i definitely pushed it way harder than you should on the street. this was on a 79 suzuki gs 850g, btw. my buddy on a zx10r was amazed with how i rode that bike. didn't even touch a sport bike until i did my first track day, although i had been sport touring for two years prior. i've been riding for over 20 years. prolly started when you were a twinkle in your fathers eye. did my first trackday in august. i thought i would be able to take to it like a duck to water. i was by no means the slowest one out there but there's a lot to get used to. you prolly have a SLIGHT advantage from your cart racing but i'm sure you didn't have people blowing by you at 160-180mph. then you're sitting there wondering what the hell they're going to do as you're closing on them FAST coming into a turn and they're holding you up. it's a totally different world. i went there with my mouth shut and my eyes and ears wide open. i suggest you do the same. there's a lot to learn and EVERYONE is more than willing to help with ANYTHING. including me.

ok, that's it, i'm done with my rant. sorry everyone, i hope i didn't get too carried away.

if you're still mad at d-zum or now me, maybe you should fill out this form.

butthurt-form.jpg

:poorguy:

now back to your regularly scheduled programming....:D

blueninja1;165255 wrote: FU dzum, you come off as a total arsehole to me, please don't talk to me if you ever come across me on a trackday if you act as arrogantly as you do on here. And if judy wants me to apologize to her i will. However, everything i said was in jest.
Posts like this will seriously set you back with NESBA members.

I know you know more than me when it comes to riding motorcycles, but I guess I should share something with you. The very person you tell to F-off is the very person you'll need help from in the pits at some point. In addition, the track day riding community is smaller than you think regardless of the organization. NESBA, TPM, STT, etc all have their common members; yes, some cross over, but most keep the same people. Piss off a well respected member and it will cause issues no matter what org you ride with.

Take heed and move forward or not.

BZ

Mikey75702

Just some more from me to blueninja..... Dzum comes off very pig headed and outspoken when he has an opinion that he feels needs some attention. He came off that way to me in the wanna b racer thread as well. I have never met him, but I can assure you, from the people that stand up for him, he is not doing it to be an arsehole. He has some info he feels you need to know, and when you get stubborn he gets more so. Everyone says he is one of the first people to come help you if you need it. That is what nesba is all about, FAMILY.

Snooki

blueninja1;165255 wrote: FU dzum, you come off as a total arsehole to me, please don't talk to me if you ever come across me on a trackday if you act as arrogantly as you do on here. And if judy wants me to apologize to her i will. However, everything i said was in jest.
thats hot, I would do you.... so... fookin.... hard...

Snooks
XOXO

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
A lot to learn from this thread besides what would be a good starter bike.

BZ summed it up pretty well. The track day community is a family. We look out for each other.

We all love a good joke and being irreverent is normal on the forum.... but we also have to respect each other. I'm sure blueninja was just kidding around with his comments to Judy and I know from experience that she's got a great sense of humor.... but that kind of humor probably should be reserved for banter between people who know each other. Just look at how slowpoke treats slowhonda:)

I hope blueninja1 comes to the track and finds out that we are a family with a lot to offer. We enjoy the company of others who share our passion for riding and we'll go out of our way to help each other. This sport requires that we respect and trust each other. Enthusiasm is a good thing .....but riding on the track at pace is WAY different from street riding so it's cause for concern when someone starts out thinking they already know how to run with the fast dogs...... just doesn't work that way. Nesba has some incredibly talented riders to learn from.

So......blueninja1.......let's embrace the holiday spirit....just brothers and sisters in this family.....no AH's

Happy holidays!

slowpoke

Smithereens;165284 wrote: .....l. The track day community is a family. We look out for each other.
And like any family, we too have our creepy, old , gay uncle who always "looks out" for the young, new members.

Pssst - blueninja - stay away from this guy.

Zippy

Come on guys, we'd let these things roll off our backs if we were talking in person. There might be a bit of embarrassment, but then we'd let it go. I am sure that everyone involved here would just about give you the shirt off their backs if you needed it. We don't need to rant anymore or continue to provoke someone without it having any value.

We all say something we wish we hadn't once in a while. Let's not permanently condemn anyone just because they are opinionated on some things some of the time. I love people with passion, but it has to be tempered with some maturity and wisdom sometimes. Sometimes we have to be big enough not to egg someone on who is already upset.

I'm sure that there is a lot of value that everyone involved here brings to our sport. Even someone who hasn't ridden yet can make some good observations or say some things that get people thinking. Though I do weigh a person's comments according to where they are coming from and the level of experience and expertise they have, I also know better than to automatically dismiss someones comments just because they are not as entrenched the culture or real life experiences as the next person.

Sometimes people who are seeing things from the outside can spot some things that we are blind to because we are too close to see them any longer. Sometimes they might assume things that are not quite as them would appear. When someone gives opinions or advice, I don't necessarily take every word as gospel or as false. I pick and choose what seems reasonable, and add in my 2 cents in.