Mad Moto Chain Adjusters

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
An update: Emerson had an R1 swingarm and shipped it to me. Turns out I was unfortunately right. The swingarm was in fact damaged. Without even measuring how "straight" or "aligned" it is, initial measurements from the inside of the axle slider portion of the swingarm on one side to the other is about 5mm narrower than it should be.

I believe that when the left adjuster sheared and the right one didn't, with me being hard on the gas, the motor was pulling hard on the upper chain, pulling hard on that rear sprocket, which pulled the left side of the axle straight forward but the adjuster on the right still being intact kept it from moving. This meant that the axle would be at an angle, "squeezing" the swingarm together very hard. After thinking about this, I'll also need to inspect the wheel bearings pretty carefully as well.

Tomorrow I will be swapping the swingarms. Thanks to Emerson for taking care of me!

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
An update: Emerson had an R1 swingarm and shipped it to me. Turns out I was unfortunately right. The swingarm was in fact damaged. Without even measuring how "straight" or "aligned" it is, initial measurements from the inside of the axle slider portion of the swingarm on one side to the other is about 5mm narrower than it should be.

I believe that when the left adjuster sheared and the right one didn't, with me being hard on the gas, the motor was pulling hard on the upper chain, pulling hard on that rear sprocket, which pulled the left side of the axle straight forward but the adjuster on the right still being intact kept it from moving. This meant that the axle would be at an angle, "squeezing" the swingarm together very hard. After thinking about this, I'll also need to inspect the wheel bearings pretty carefully as well.

Tomorrow I will be swapping the swingarms. Thanks to Emerson for taking care of me!
Wow! That sucks but it could have gone much, much worse.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Emerson is just the MAN!

Sorry your swingarm got tweaked Bill.

I'll just be sticking to my stock adjusters on my R1.

bmart

Control Rider
Now there's a quote destined to be famous...

"Sorry your swingarm got tweaked Bill."

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Oh boy - not sure how to take that quote...... :)

Swingarm swapped, and Fast Franks Underslung caliper on there. Question: Why in the world wouldn't all sport bikes come with underslung calipers to begin with? The difference in how fast and easy a rear wheel swap is with these things on is beyond description.

Underslung rotor.jpg

tdelegram

Control Rider
Oh boy - not sure how to take that quote...... :)

Swingarm swapped, and Fast Franks Underslung caliper on there. Question: Why in the world wouldn't all sport bikes come with underslung calipers to begin with? The difference in how fast and easy a rear wheel swap is with these things on is beyond description.

View attachment 5278

Rc8 does and it make for fast rear changed during endurance races.