Main 8/8

Eddie

YES! I am in.
I've been having a hard time getting out to ride with you guys. Hopefully the stars will align for me this time.
Small toy hauler with two little guys on tire warmer detail.
See ya'll there! I'm excited!

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Planning on Shenny and Main.

Tom, I was in the same boat. Darn work gets in the way of riding. Had to leave Sunday morning to get back.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
As far as I understand, you sign up in our system like any other day. They have access to our registration sheets for printing just like we have access to theirs.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
As far as I understand, you sign up in our system like any other day. They have access to our registration sheets for printing just like we have access to theirs.
Correct, I did one of their days last month. Just sign up on our site as you normally would. You'll be on their list. Just take your bike and helmet to tech /reg, they do an express thing kind of like we do. At least they did at NJMP.

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Judy,

I've looked but can not seem to find info on how they run their program. Can you give a brief description of how the day is setup? For example, time for registration, tech (is tech the same), and how the "sessions" are run? Maybe there is info somewhere but if so, I've been totally incapable of finding it! I'm registered for both days this weekend in A group - which I think maybe is group "4" in Evolve?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Did you check their site - evolvegt.com

Similar to ours. Tech/reg is 7-8. Riders meeting 8:30. Depending on numbers they run 3 or 4 groups. They ran 3 at NJMP because numbers were low-ish.
E1 is novice
E2 is lower intermediate
E3 is upper intermediate (if they run 3 groups, E2 and E3 are combined.
E4 is advanced

You'll be placed in a group based on your N2 group- if you're novice with N2, you'll be in E1 and so on. Not sure how they assign if you're intermediate ie E2 or E3. If you're advanced with N2, you're in E4.

If 3 groups, 20 min sessions starting with E4. If 4 groups, 15 min sessions.

Tech points were the same as far as I could tell. And they did do an express like we do, just go over with your bike /helmet. They'll look you up, get a wristband, sign the waiver, then go to tech. They don't require that you bring all your gear, just helmet, but I saw some without. I brought an ID in case they asked. I just handed it over before they could ask.

Last edited:

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Thanks, Judy. I was actually at EvolveGT.Net - not .com. That's what popped up in my browser when I looked for info about them. Maybe that's an older site or something - not sure. The .com site has more info about their schedule.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks, Judy. I was actually at EvolveGT.Net - not .com. That's what popped up in my browser when I looked for info about them. Maybe that's an older site or something - not sure. The .com site has more info about their schedule.
Yeah they seem to have 2 sites. As far as I can tell, the .net site is their forum.

See you there! I ended up not making it to lightning, but look me up if you still want to check out the hit-air vest.