Member Feedback Requested

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
I have been tossing this idea around for a while and wanted to present it to our members to see if there is any interest.
As most know, track riding is a sport. It does require some level of fitness and utilizes your whole body to maneuver the motorcycle.
As with any sport, stretching beforehand is extremely important to reduce injuries, reduce cramping, but also to be able to move better.

Question is... Would you be interested in an instructor led stretching session?

With our typical event structure we have tech/registration 7-8 and the riders meeting at 8:15.
My idea is to have a designated area between 7:45-8:15 where folks can drop in, stretch for the whole time or just for a few minutes, after they have completed their tech/reg.

Please provide any comments and whether you would participate. Thank you!

I stretch a lot during the day weather at the track or at home. Some stretching is helpful with a partner. YCRS incorporated something like this into their program with Chris Peris' wife a few years ago. It is something that is probably overlooked or just not addressed in the paddock. I will be at Road Atlanta in October and would be willing to give it a shot!

Jack.

Lenny ZX9R

Control Rider
Great Idea Tea! I'd do it! I try to stretch a little every chance I get before I start the day! especially before the Endurance Races!

Emerson

BobbleHeadMoto
Control Rider
ATP/3C
I have been tossing this idea around for a while and wanted to present it to our members to see if there is any interest.
As most know, track riding is a sport. It does require some level of fitness and utilizes your whole body to maneuver the motorcycle.
As with any sport, stretching beforehand is extremely important to reduce injuries, reduce cramping, but also to be able to move better.

Question is... Would you be interested in an instructor led stretching session?

With our typical event structure we have tech/registration 7-8 and the riders meeting at 8:15.
My idea is to have a designated area between 7:45-8:15 where folks can drop in, stretch for the whole time or just for a few minutes, after they have completed their tech/reg.

Please provide any comments and whether you would participate. Thank you!

They do this at YCRS and I think its a good idea.

Would that require me to buy yoga pants... :eek:

I'll get some yoga pants too!!!

r6blondie

Staff member
Control Rider
I will do a trial run at NJMP on Sunday Oct 6 for anyone who is interested. If you have yoga mats or something to sit on, bring that.

djhurayt

I think its a good idea but...
With the way we do our sport (20 minutes on, 40 minutes of sitting around stiffening up), a morning stretch is probably only good for the first run, if that. Particularly if you stretch at 8 o'clock then don't go out for an hour and a half later. Don't get me wrong I'm not saying stretching in the morning is not good, it should be done everyday regardless of track day or not. But in reality we should all be stretching out a little bit before each session.