Membership Packet version 2010

JRA

Guys (and gals :D)

Lots of speculation and wondering about membership packages here. I have answered this exact question through emails to info@nesba.com quite a few times over that last few months. As always, the best way to get an answer is to email us. If I/we don't know the answer we will do our best to find out from those who do. Info@nesba.com is always your best source for the answers to your questions.

So anyway....membership packages

In the past we have sent out member packets to all new and renewing members each year at great expense to the club. The packets contained a hard copy of the rider manual, some stickers, and a member card. With thousands of NESBA members I'm sure you can imagine the expense involved. Since the manual is available online and the member card is obsolete due to our new registration process, we are currently evaluating the benefit to the members relative to the expense involved.

This isn't set in stone yet and is subject to change in the future, but the stuff like printed rider manuals and a new membership card each year are probably going to be done away with. T-Shirt coupons and stickers as well as sponsor coupons/info etc will still probably be mailed out.

I'm not sure when the mailing of member packages will resume. Don't be surprised if you see something soon, but if not keep your shirt on, we will get these going again in the future.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Thanks, John! I think it's still wasting postage money sending the coupons for a t-shirt, etc.. Would it be possible to just send an email with printable coupons to members when they join/renew? Just a thought...although, I suppose the problem would be that folks might print them out many times, so I guess that won't really work, either. Someone would be getting like a dozen shirts! Just thinkin' out loud! :D Still, there should be a significant savings on postage for not sending out the manual, so that's good. Works for me. I still would like to see stickers, T-shirts, and sweatshirts for sale on the trackday store. I seem to always have a need for more swag! :cool: I used to order extra stickers online on the old forum.

rk97

while not the simplest solution, point of sale hardware (hell, even the iPhone) could scan a bar-coded coupon and keep track of whether or not it's been used.

Each member gets an email with a coupon. They can print it as many times as they want, but it's only going to scan once.

With the low volume of t-shirts that are actually distributed (i'm assuming less than 1,000/year), they could probably even get by with a manual process... 4 digit PIN, and just mark it off an excel spreadsheet...

Or hell, there's already a "bump" system in place that keeps track of what gruop everyone's in. Just add a check-box on my member account (and thus subsequent registration forms) for "t-shirt received?" and have shirts at registration. If your box is checked, you don't get a shirt. If it's un-checked, you get yours at your first season event.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
rk97;132347 wrote: while not the simplest solution, point of sale hardware (hell, even the iPhone) could scan a bar-coded coupon and keep track of whether or not it's been used.

Each member gets an email with a coupon. They can print it as many times as they want, but it's only going to scan once.

With the low volume of t-shirts that are actually distributed (i'm assuming less than 1,000/year), they could probably even get by with a manual process... 4 digit PIN, and just mark it off an excel spreadsheet...

Or hell, there's already a "bump" system in place that keeps track of what gruop everyone's in. Just add a check-box on my member account (and thus subsequent registration forms) for "t-shirt received?" and have shirts at registration. If your box is checked, you don't get a shirt. If it's un-checked, you get yours at your first season event.
Oh, fancy computer solution! Nice, I like the idea! Wasn't sure if something like that would create too much work for someone.

rk97

^ yeah, well the excel spreadsheet might indeed be the better way to go. An expensive computer solution to make sure people aren't getting multiple $10 t-shirts doesn't make a whole lot of sense :p

Gorecki

The check box method sounds most practical. All it would take is a little mySQL db with a couple php pages that could be accessed with a cell phone. Bob smith got his shirt...check....done. ;)

rk97

wait, wait, wait, wait, wait! did an internet forum just potentially SOLVE a problem instead of degrading into a childish debate with no clear answer?

watch out for falling frogs on the drive home from work, folks!

kd83

So how does not having a member card work when going to yamaha to get our nesba discount on parts and such?

kf227

2010 Packets

My season is now done and I have yet to get a packet. I also tried to get a shirt at the track without success. :banghead:

LETS HAND OUT THOSE SHIRTS.

I have a brunch from the other guys.

THANKS

Donnyballgame

I tried to get my shirt at Road America this year and Garth did not have any shirts. Would not have been a problem if he had them also.

Texter

Fred,
When are the membership packets coming anyway?? I joined NESBA this year back in April or May, Made it to A group and I don't even have a T-shirt or a Sticker to rep NESBA with! I'd be the best marketer you could ask for!

PS When someone finally does send out the packets, I want TRIPLE the stickers inside for my copious wait time!

Thanks,
Dan Texter

pajixxer

Brad Burns
Control Rider
It just dawned on me today for some reason, and I laughed to myself when I realized that the season is nearly over and I never received my membership packet. The membership packets should not be a thing for the future, don't say your going to do something and not do it, it would be better to just discontinue them. I can remember when I first started out, getting the riders manual in the mail and actually reading through it. I think it is very unprofessional of Nesba to just disregard their responsibility of the membership packets, and I hope it is not a sign of the direction Nesba is going in the future.

Kegger

Heres a question, I have two coupons that I never cashed in, can I use them or should I auction them off - they may be very rare!;)

kf227

I was at Road America and there were no shirts of any size. I like the idea of having the packet in the begining of the year to go over any changes good or bad. Coupons to safe a buck or two. Texter i like your idea double up the stickers, hopefully I have a new set of plastics coming this year.

rk97

pajixxer;150277 wrote: don't say your going to do something and not do it, it would be better to just discontinue them.
:agree:

I understand that the logistics, postage, and cost of printing hard-copy manuals likely makes the membership packet obsolete, but set realistic expectations for 2011 please.