Met a few faces from N2 this week!

SlownSteady

Hi everyone,

Although a slow, inexperienced rider with only a couple of track days under my belt, I managed to checked off YCRS from my bucket lost this past weekend.

I took the course with no intention to pursue track riding afterwards, but it was such a blast, and after meeting a control rider and some others heavily involved in N2 I’d love to give a tack day with you all a shot.

Currently I’ve got a thruxton R I’m iffy about taking on the track, but not sure how else to get started.
Any suggestions? I’ve been toying with picking up a 300 to learn on for a few seasons as the MT-07 I was on was plenty minus the squishy suspension.

SlownSteady

Welcome aboard, we all started where you’re at so feel free to ask any questions.
Thank you! Working with Judy a bit this week was great. I got the feeling from her and Chip that the N2 folks are nothing short of great.
The biggest question I would have is whether or not there’s a particular bike you would recommend someone start on. I don’t want to rush progression or hop on something too dangerous for my skill level.

Motofun352

Control Rider
If you're buying a track bike to start out on, buying a already preped bike is a good way to save money. As it's near the end of the season a lot of bikes will start to show up both here and on the WERA web site. It's difficult to recomend a particular brand/size without specific details but if the MT7 was agood fit at YCRS a SV650 should work well and there are usually a lot of them for sale. Shop around.

SlownSteady

If you're buying a track bike to start out on, buying a already preped bike is a good way to save money. As it's near the end of the season a lot of bikes will start to show up both here and on the WERA web site. It's difficult to recomend a particular brand/size without specific details but if the MT7 was agood fit at YCRS a SV650 should work well and there are usually a lot of them for sale. Shop around.

Thank you! I do love a twin.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Is this Rob? Was great working with you! The guys covered the basics of a good track bike. Agree with the SV650. You can find already track-prepped ones, as mentioned. Looking forward to working/riding with you again!

SlownSteady

Is this Rob? Was great working with you! The guys covered the basics of a good track bike. Agree with the SV650. You can find already track-prepped ones, as mentioned. Looking forward to working/riding with you again!

It is! I recognize that bike. Thank you so much for the help, Judy. My comfort level skyrocketed. Definitely wasn't the fastest, but felt like I was starting to get it.

I've been combing through the classifieds and will be keeping an eye out locally. Look forward to seeing you around, if not this season, then definitely next!

tdelegram

Control Rider
We have a few events left this year in the north east, you could reach out to Emerson at bobblehead moto and rent a couple different bikes to try out, I think he has a nice ninja 400 which looks real fun.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
It is! I recognize that bike. Thank you so much for the help, Judy. My comfort level skyrocketed. Definitely wasn't the fastest, but felt like I was starting to get it.

I've been combing through the classifieds and will be keeping an eye out locally. Look forward to seeing you around, if not this season, then definitely next!
You were doing great! Taking YCRS will greatly help with the learning curve. Practice doesn't make perfect, practice makes permanent, and you've learned the right tools to practice the right things!

We'd mentioned Bobblehead moto....so yeah, good option if you want to get out again this year!

Hope to ride/work with you again next season! It was a pleasure!