Midwest Track Day

some guy #2

That's a little more $$ than I thought it was gonna be. I might do one BHF day though in April to get some rust off.

j_fuggin_t

BillFred;262641 wrote: $225 for a day at Putnam!!! Ouch.

The rule states that anyone sub 1:20 at Putnam must disconnect one spark plug or ride a neon orange bike for safety reasons.

Good God, 4 months to go and we are all debating this stuff. Winter sucks.
$225 for pretty much as much track time as you can handle in one day isn't too bad at all.. i think MTD has an interesting possibility & i've talked to the creator quite a bit.. i'll be at the days ;)

JTRC51

j_fuggin_t;262697 wrote: $225 for pretty much as much track time as you can handle in one day isn't too bad at all.. i think MTD has an interesting possibility & i've talked to the creator quite a bit.. i'll be at the days ;)
:agree:

borgNSR

These kinds of days are especially good for tuning up a bike or running a semi-serious testing program, where you make changes and go out when you are ready, come back in, make more changes and go back out hot. It doesn't mean that traffic conditions on track will always go your way, but at least you don't have to blow 20 minutes riding around with an obvious wrong direction in your setup, just because you don't have the time to come in, reverse or make more changes, and go back out and get anything useful before your group's session ends.

Smiley

borgNSR;262731 wrote: These kinds of days are especially good for tuning up a bike or running a semi-serious testing program, where you make changes and go out when you are ready, come back in, make more changes and go back out hot. It doesn't mean that traffic conditions on track will always go your way, but at least you don't have to blow 20 minutes riding around with an obvious wrong direction in your setup, just because you don't have the time to come in, reverse or make more changes, and go back out and get anything useful before your group's session ends.
Based on my discussions this is exactly the kind of thing he's looking to create, should be fun!
I hope to see an atmosphere similar to CCS Friday practices.

I'll be at a few days for sure see you all out there.

some guy #2

I'm planning on either Sat or Sun for their April BHF event. Anybody else going to try them out? I think this will be the best way for me to get some seat time on the SV and shake down both bikes for the season. And I don't want to pay for 2 days lol!!

philthethrill

BillFred;262641 wrote: $225 for a day at Putnam!!! Ouch.

The rule states that anyone sub 1:20 at Putnam must disconnect one spark plug or ride a neon orange bike for safety reasons.

Good God, 4 months to go and we are all debating this stuff. Winter sucks.
Yeah, this is expensive and the details.seem sketchy. I race with moto series and will be at putnam 3-4 times this year. I wouldnt go outnand rail with guys running slow times like that. I dont see how thats even allowed. Also putnam is a like 150 for a track day maybe 170 I dont see this org working out . Well atleast not for me.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

finny47

I'm thinking about the Sunday BHF. I don't want to be a part of that first day while they try to sort things out.

Andrei

j_fuggin_t;267002 wrote: Ill be at them :) open track from 9am until 5 with a lunch break?!?! Hells yea. 6hrs of track time :)
I'll pay for your day if I see you riding 6h hours non stop... :D

philthethrill

I dont see any novice riders coming back aftwr there first trip with this org. Theyll be scared shitless. Who ever thinks this is a good idea your mistaken. Its dangerous and I hope no one gets hurt. I can understand maybe mixing int and advanced but a free for all is plain stupid

philthethrill

Well I guess all I needed to do was read, so there is only int and advanced no novice. Thats a plus but still scary . I remeber when they mixed adv groups at putnam once, coming into turn one im usually in fourth upper rpms. Well some int person parked it in the middle of the turn about 50mph. Lets just say I was blessed to not crash. Smh

j_fuggin_t

it says clear as day that its directed towards INT & ADV riders.. reading that i'd say if i was a novice, i'd find a different day to ride on the track. there is going to be some control riders as well. So in case anyone didn't it, THIS ISN'T for NOVICE & there won't be any NOVICE or beginner coaching, plain & simple

j_fuggin_t

philthethrill;267265 wrote: Well I guess all I needed to do was read, so there is only int and advanced no novice. Thats a plus but still scary . I remeber when they mixed adv groups at putnam once, coming into turn one im usually in fourth upper rpms. Well some int person parked it in the middle of the turn about 50mph. Lets just say I was blessed to not crash. Smh

youre always going to have riders of different skills in advanced as well, but the advanced rider shouldn't even have a problem, by the time you're in advanced you should be able to judge closing speeds and make the correction there.

philthethrill

No , when you come into a turn and theres no where to go and the guy in front is parking it thats a problem. Thats why there are diff group levels. Idk have fun with this. Hope all goes well

j_fuggin_t

Shouldn't be too bad, if ppl are honest about themselves the problems won't be nearly as bad. And the owner of the org is pretty willing to change things if need be.

some guy #2

I'm getting in front of JT and everyone else and parking it for every corner! :D

Then I'll start weaving from side to side to block everyone from going around forcing you all to go newb speeds for 6 hours.

That'll show those advanced riders that I rule the track!!

cooker1

some guy #2;267278 wrote: I'm getting in front of JT and everyone else and parking it for every corner! :D

Then I'll start weaving from side to side to block everyone from going around forcing you all to go newb speeds for 6 hours.

That'll show those advanced riders that I rule the track!!
ME Too gonna ride my SV like it is the slowest thing on the track ( well it prolly is ) If youre skeert stay home lets have some fun gentlemen and ladies I AINT SKEERT !!!!!!!!!!!